Friday, September 09, 2011

Leo is 9 months!

Miracle of miracles! A picture of the three of them smiling and looking at the camera!!!

My humongous baby weighs 19.6 lbs, is 28 inches, and is wearing 12 month clothes! He is bigger now than Madeleine was at 16 months.
I feel like he's about 2 days away from crawling. Today I found him sitting up in the middle of the room, he got there from his tummy. He also pulled up on his feet - on me laying in bed with him. He does "baby yoga" all the time, his favorites are the plank position and downward facing dog. No matter where he is in the room, he always ends up wedged under the couch. It's a running joke between Ken and the kids - we could take him in the front yard (grandma's house, bookstore, etc) and somehow he'd end up stuck under the couch! I have to pull him out all day long. If I'm pumping Madeleine pulls him out for me. She can only move the chunk a few feet but it's better than nothing!

We met with his speech therapist/ feeding specialist today for the first time. She was great! She was thrilled I was still pumping and even said we could try to teach him to breastfeed after surgery. She gave me some great tips on feeding him, how to feed him baby food on the spoon so his lips close over it (she said that would help him say "b" and "p" sounds) and also how to put more textured foods directly on his gums so he'll be learn how to mash them with his gums. Very interesting and informative. She also goes to our church and has done this for over 20 years, and took us even though she had a full case load! I'm really looking forward to working with her.

He probably won't be able to eat cake at his first birthday party, so I'm getting some ideas. Right now I think I'll put a bowl of chocolate avocado pudding on his tray and let him have at it ;) Who has the best recipe?

Oh, and if you haven't tried chocolate avocado pudding.... it is SO GOOD!!!!

9 comments:

Amazing Life said...

He is so big and sounds so fun!! Your ST sounds awesome!

Sew said...

Wait aren't you the one I got the recipe from?

Honey, acvocados and cocoa powder....Mmmmm goood.....

Love him! Hannah also gets wedged in between the couch...WTH? Drives me nuts! :)

JellyBelly said...

My recipe calls for agave, but honey works too. :)

Your kids are ridiculously cute!

Brenda said...

Seeing all three of them together really makes it easy to see he looks so much like JP!

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

chocolate avacado pudding??? that sounds amazing! can i make it dairy free?

I'm glad the therapy is going well so far!

LifeHopes said...

What a cutie!!!!
Oh and I am pretty sure I have the best looking Godson on planet earth:)

WheelbarrowRider said...

Great picture! He is so cute! The therapist sounds amazing too. I have never heard of that pudding, it does sound yummy, but I am wondering when they can have honey? I remember it takes awhile and is one of the later foods. I imagine that isn't the same with agave, I think it is some sort of odd poisoning thing specific to honey (it isn't related to the texture).

Chasing said...

I'm glad you connected with a good SLP in your area. 20 years experience- wow, you got a pro!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

That picture is adorable!!