This was our very first day. Our first bible verse was "I have called you by name, you are precious in my sight and I love you." We were talking about this, and I told her that she was more precious to God than all the treasure in the world. She got huge eyes and said, "I AM?" Then she got a big smile on her face. It almost brought tears to my eyes.
Them, fingerpainting. Me, getting over my dislike of messy crafts.
Spelling their names with Alphabits! (John Paul was all over this activity. Eating his name, anyway.)
Reading a book to Grandma and Babci.
Alphabet puzzle.
Writing letters in pudding.
One afternoon we were looking for a picnic spot, and we found this amazing playground in the middle of the woods! It was perfect, and shady and cool back there. And there were plenty of bugs to be founds (Madeleine loves bugs.)Practicing letter writing. We supplemented a few activities for Alphabet Fun week, since she knows the alphabet already as you could see from the last video ;)
Fishing for letters that spelled "Madeleine"
New dress I made her.
We have had such a great time. I absolutely love Little Saints! We had our first co-op Saint party today and it was great! The kids were fabulous, the moms were great (and there were no long denim jumpers in sight!) Within 3 minutes of us arriving, Madeleine was sitting in an older girl's lap, and John Paul was acting like he owned the place. We learned about St. Kateri and did some crafts. Then the older kids organized some games (duck, duck, goose, etc) with the younger kids. I'm pretty sure that was M's favorite part. We have a trip to the apple orchard in two weeks! Madeleine is the best student ever. She wants to do school every day, sits and listens to everything I say, participates in everything and is sad when it's over! 








4 comments:
Love this post!!! So exciting!!!
BTw I couldn't get the little saints link to work!
I want to go to your school!!
This is awesome :)
That is so wonderful!!!!!! And EXCELLENT pencil grip, M!!! :)
No denim jumpers! Love it!
This is so impressive. I've got to get on the ball. I love the writing in pudding idea! You need to start a pinterest page and pin all your resources so I can follow them!
Post a Comment