Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Sick sick sick

My big kids have been sick for a few weeks - runny noses, coughs, fevers. I took them to the doctor on Friday and he said they need mama love, chicken soup, tylenol and motrin, and their immune systems would work. But it's been pretty miserable around here. I had the doctor look in Leo's ears and the poor baby has a double ear infection :( I hate hate hate giving my 7 week old antibiotics. We are going back later this week to make sure he's all clear. I really hope this doesn't keep happening. I would have never known he was even sick except for one bad night he had, up about every hour. Otherwise he's been wonderful.

I felt so bad for Madeleine on Friday when we went to the doctor. I had told her we were going to the doctor and he'd help her feel better. When it was time to leave she started crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "But I don't feel better yet!" Poor thing!

They've been playing "Dr. J" with their doctor kit ever since! Actually today was the first time Madeleine got off the couch all weekend. She has been miserable. I hope the worst is over and now they are recovering. She seems so skinny, I think she's lost weight. I tried to give her some extra protein today - I made pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes with extra eggs and protein powder this morning. They were delicious!!

Ken and I got to go on a date last night. My mom babysat M and JP and we took Leo. We haven't been on a date in a long time and it was really fun! Unfortunately we had to cut it short and come home because the roads were a sheet of ice.

Seriously the weather needs to clear up and the kids need to get better because I NEED TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!

4 comments:

Chasing said...

Hope the kids feel better. Seriously- this weather is killing me. I can't wait for spring so we can get out of the house. This blizzard makes me dislike Chi.cago big time!

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Oh, no! How awful! I remember when I first started reading your blog, JP was very sick and you had pictures up of the poor boy. It's the worst thing.

I am so sorry you are going through this. It's so awful. And poor little Leo! And M!!

But mostly, poor you, because it breaks a mama's heart.

Monica said...

Oh no! Poor kids. Poor mom. Poor everyone! I know that shut-in feeling... we are going stir-crazy here too, but warmer weather is coming next week. I really hope the kids feel better soon. There's nothing as bad as seeing normally energetic kids stuck on the couch sick. (Well, ok, the first couple days is kind of nice, but eventually you start to feel bad for them...) :-)

Kathryn said...

I hope everyone feels much better soon!
When I first started LittleMen I was still homeschooling. Some of my first posts were about our class room etc., I was really proud of it! It seems so long ago but it really wasn't!
Praying you and Ken don't get sick and that Leo's ears clear up soon!