Saturday, January 08, 2011

Madeleine's prayers

I know a few of you have been reading my blog since the beginning (wow, I'm impressed!) So you may remember how Madeleine got her name. Rich Mullins is my all time favorite Christian singer, and he wrote a song for the daughter of his friend called Madeline's Song. One of the lines is "God gladly bends just to hear Madeline when she prays." That sold me on her name!

Last night as I was pumping I remembered something else - this post I did back in April.

We already knew we were pregnant at the time, we had just found out THAT week. Madeleine asked if she could ask God for another baby in our family and she did. She also talked about that and prayed for that intention many many times after that, until we told her about Leo. However, notice the comments on that post. Both Brenda and Sew asked her to say the same prayer for them. Of course I did ask her to pray for them. And guess what happened?

Hannah Grace - born 12/7/10

Leo Michael - born 12/8/10

Nelson Joseph - born 12/31/10

Wow.

Some people might think this is just a big coincidence.

Me? Not so much.

17 comments:

Sew said...

Im humbled. ;)

Brenda said...

I totally remember you telling me M prayed for me:0 I thought about it a lot as I remembered all the other things that coincided with his conception (attending Retrouvaille with Che and a Healing Mass for the sick around the same time).

She's such a sweetheart! Thank you!

Nicole C said...

Awww!!! Could I please get a quick prayer from the little gal? ;) (I mean we ARE fellow Hoosiers after all!)

JellyBelly said...

Get that child to pray for me!!!!! Her Auntie JellyBelly would be so grateful that brought my baby JB closer!

Joey said...

Maybe she could say a prayer for me, too?? :)

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

I am joining the bandwagon - Madeleine - please pray for me! Mr. B and I would so very much appreciate it!!! Thank you! (I hope you don't think I am forward for asking.)

On a totally different note, we are big Colts fans tonight (well, actually for the last few weeks, but I don't think I told you). The son of one of the families at our church was picked up by the Colts mid-season and he plays on special teams. Nate Triplett #54. We saw on the 1st play of the game when the Colts kicked off. He just graduated from college last May and this is his first season in the NFL. He is a great guy and his mom and I are friends. So, small world! Now if the Colts happen to face the Packers in the Super Bowl, then my allegience might be tested! Ha!

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

She is a heckuva prayer warrior!!! She's got a lot more praying to do now!!

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

Definitely NOT a coincidence!

Beth said...

I will pray with her for all you girls today. It was just awesome when we told Her about Leo... we told her that God had answered her prayer! I think she loves him even more because of that.

Megan said...

AMAZING!!!! Sweet sweet girl! :)

Angela said...

I agree, that is not a coincidence, that is just awesome!! Maybe she could fit in a prayer for Jaymes sometime, that his severe acid reflux issues will resolve soon. :)

Mary said...

OHhhh MY!!! That is SO COOL!
I hope you asked her to pray for Auntie Mary..? :) Poor kid is going to wonder why all these random ladies want her prayers, huh? :) Love this. So neat. :) Love you and those kiddos so much.

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

Awe i love this:) Well since she has a lot of prayer requests tonight have her pray for me tomorrow nigh:) haha. What a beautiful story:)

Maria said...

What a sweet little girl!

Could you PLEASE ask her to pray for me? Sure, I'm forty four, diagnosed with endometriosis stage four almost three years ago now, and probably going through perimenopause, BUT I am still praying every day for a miracle!

Last year a newly married friend (she just turned forty and was married for only five months!)and I prayed a Rosary Novena together asking for the gift of children. Well, guess what? She found out she was pregnant a couple of days before the novena ended. I was thrilled for my friend, but when I first heard the news I broke down and cried and cried. Now my friend is getting ready to give birth to her gift from heaven in the spring, but my heart and arms are still empty!

So, if you don't mind and if it's no trouble, do you think Madeline could ask Jesus and His Blessed Mother (my Patron Saint and favorite Saint) for the gift of a child for me and my husband? Please? I would really appreciate it so much!!

Thank you so much! It would really mean so much to me!

Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

Love,
Maria Therese In Mass

Mrs. Mike said...

Don't you just love the prayers of children? So innocent...such a direct line to the ear of God?

M has an impressive success rate there!
*goosebumps*

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

Oh Madeleine..... :)

Unknown said...

I just found this online and I love how you get your children involved in prayer. If Madeleine isn't tuckered out... could you please say a prayer for my husband and I? We'd like to start our family and it's been hard to be patient throughout this process. Happy New year and thanks for reminding me of the power of prayer : )
-Alicia