This picture was taken on Christmas day, and it's the only halfway decent one I have of the three of them. I did get their pictures taken professionally on Monday and got some great ones, so I will post when I get them.
I'm sure you've seen it, but if not, read Leila's post from the other day. If you can get through the comments, Ken left one that I found so funny last night! Maybe I was overtired but he cracked me up. I was actually able to do a reading lesson and a craft with Madeleine yesterday. I sat at the table and fed Leo, set John Paul up with a coloring book and crayons, and worked with Madeleine. I am just amazed at her reading ability. She is reading words like "know" and "should" and "Jerusalem" and "Hosanna" that I have never taught her. She loves to sit in her little rocking chair and read to John Paul and Leo. It's definitely been a crazy 5 weeks, and I missed doing "school" with her. I am going to make it a priority to do a lesson with her at least 4 days a week. She's doing really well writing her letters too, and she likes trying to spell words. This kid amazes me every day.
John Paul is the funniest kid! He cracks me up every day. Poor Madeleine got a set of blocks for Christmas, and every time he sees her building something, he comes over and knocks it over. I've been putting him in time out for that. Tonight they were playing and Ken and I were sitting at the table. He knocked over her tower she was building. Ken told him to go to the time out chair, so he did. We told him that he was in time out because he knocked over Madeleine's blocks and he couldn't do that anymore. We told him to go say he was sorry. He walked into the room and we heard, "I'm sorry Madeleine!" "That's ok Hancey" *CRASH* He knocked her tower over again! So we told him to go back in time out and said, "Ok!" and happily walked back to the time out chair! Apparently sitting in time out was worth the satisfaction of knocking over his sister's blocks.
8 comments:
You know that your M is off the charts, don't you?
Children her age shouldn't even be reading "cat", never mind "Hosanna!"
AMAZING!
I am so proud of you, little Leo!
<3
I'm so glad that things are getting into a groove! I love the story about JP! Soo funny! :)
I am amazed at what M can read!!!!!! That is astounding!!! A genius on your hands!
And, I loved what Ken wrote.... It was so funny that I sent it to a couple of people, ha!
Your children are GORGEOUS! Sheesh!
Madeleine is SO patient with John Paul! It truly amazes me...a saint in the making!
Mom, have you met Your granddaughter??
You are so blessed! Your newest is adorable! Sorry-I am a little behind. M is so smart! And Charlie def went through the phase of knocking blocks over. Can you he use half and knock his own towers over, but not hers? You are right, time out isn't working-litle stinker! ;)
Good grief, your Madeleine reads better than MY Madeleine, and MY Madeleine is 7.5! Jump and cheer, the girl is on her way!!! School will be so easy for her, since she can read well!! :)
Post a Comment