Monday, February 04, 2008

Really, how many people can say this?

Ken and I played guitar for the Superbowl winning coach and he told us "Good job."

It's true. Tom Coughlin was the coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars, and I was living at the Newman Center at Ball State. I must have been a junior or senior, because Ken and I were dating, and one Sunday evening Fr. John told us he was saying Mass at the hotel in Muncie where the Jaguars were staying after playing the Colts, and asked us to do the music. Of course we jumped at the chance. We actually had NO time to practice so I doubt if we played well, but Coach Coughlin was very gracious and made a point to come up to us afterwards to thank us and Fr. John, and tell us that we did a good job. Yay for the Giants!

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

WOW! That is really cool!

LifeHopes said...

that is really awesome.
Do you sing?

Beth said...

I sing. Not well. :) And I actually haven't touched a guitar since I was pregnant and my belly got too big! Maybe I should try it again....