Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Happy 11 months!





This kid is just growing up way too fast. She started standing up a few days ago and already she's a pro. She pulls up on everything! I am sure she'll be cruising and then walking soon.
She is a very good talker, and adding to her vocabulary every day! She says Mama, Dada, Papa (for the Pope), ball, doll, duck, night-night, and she said Ava once, and also Yi-Yi for Eli. She TRIES to say everything I ask her to - like I asked her to say Madeleine, and she said "Ma-na-na." She usually gets the first consonant and the correct number of syllables. I am trying to teach her to say hello or hi and bye bye, but every time I ask her to say those things, she just waves! Whenever she learns a new skill or word, she giggles and claps for herself.

I have to keep my eye on this kid every second, because she is really fast and still puts everything in her mouth. Now she can reach up on coffee tables and shelves and pull everything off. She actually fell on the base of the swing the other day and got a bruise under her eye!
And it's getting increasingly challenging to change her diaper - she thinks it's really funny to flip over to her tummy when I'm trying to change her. I think it's going to be hard to discipline her too. When she does the flipping thing, I have flipped her back over and said "NO" in what I thought was a firm voice. Unfortunately, she thinks this is hilarious, cracks up and flips again so I will keep doing it!

Even so, she is the joy of my life, and I cherish every minute I get to spend with her!

10 comments:

Anne said...

Love the hat! Almost birthday time...

Cathy said...

She is SO smart!
Way to go, Madeleine.

(Re: discipline. I know what you mean. Mary is currently serving time in baby jail for hitting me. It's her new game. Isn't that fun?)

Angela said...

One more month until the big day! The time is going so fast, it's just not right!! She is so cute, I love that first picture with the hat. I don't know what's worse, Madeleine's reaction to the word NO or Isabella's. She sobs uncontrolably when we tell her no, so then I feel terrible!

In response to your comment at my blog - I would love to live closer too! :)

Beck said...

It IS funny, isn't it, how they suddenly become a toddler and suddenly you can see the babyness falling off of them every day?

Megan said...

She is the cutest! Almost a year- I can hardly believe it. She is saying so many words too. What a smart girl :)

Lori said...

Here's a pointer from my experience watching Maria. Start changing diapers on the floor so you can lay your leg across her chest to hold her still if she gets too squirmy. Sounds like torture, I know but you are just putting minimal pressure on her to let her know she needs to stay on her back.

LifeHopes said...

Oh it sounds like she is getting to be more and more fun by the day!

You are such a good mama, Beth!

Brenda said...

Man, we have the same 2 issues with M. She runs away the minute her booty is out of the diaper! She thinks it's a game and we have to catch her to put her diaper back on. And by run, I mean crawl or roll. And she too laughs and thinks it's hilarious when we tell her NO NO! What to do?

Veronica said...

Happy 11 months! They seem to change every day at this age, it goes so fast!

Kathryn said...

Chimming in late to wish her a happy 11 month birthday, such a cutie!