Today Mom, Ava, Madeleine and I went shopping for a first birthday present. I was thinking I'd get her a doll, since she really seems to get excited when she sees them. (Not as excited as she gets when she sees a ball, however!) So we went to a toy store down the street, which has more interesting and "classic" toys. I wanted to get her something really special, since I'm only getting her one thing. Well, we went to the doll section, and she was not impressed with any of them. With each one I held up, she just took one look and looked away. She was more interested in the little doll house with the little kitty cat figurines than the dolls. So we decided to just walk around the store and see what she liked. A very pushy, I mean helpful saleslady followed us around and told us what one year olds usually like. She was kind of interested in a few things - the little farm with the animals, and a few tub toys, and of course every ball that we passed. Then we saw it... and the "Halleluiah Chorus" started playing in the background.

Yes, it was the
Rody. As soon as she saw it, her face lit up and she started bouncing around in her stroller. Mom took her out and put her on it, and it was love at first bounce. She held onto it's ears and bounced like she'd been waiting for this her whole life. After a while, Mom tried to pick her up and put her back in her stroller, but she held on with her hands and legs for dear life. I knew I had to get it for her. They even blew it up for me so it is all set for her birthday next Wednesday. Her party is this Sunday, but we'll wait until her actual birthday to give her this present. I hope she really enjoys it!
6 comments:
She will LOVE it! Those are so much fun!
This is so exciting! Maybe you can record her response for all of us to enjoy!
That's awesome!! So what toy store did you go to??
Cute! What a great gift! =)
We went to Kits and Kaboodles - it's by the Mongolian BBQ on 146th street. Very cute toys!
Those are great fun, what a fun birthday she will have...I can't wait for pics!
Post a Comment