I was tagged for a meme (I still don't know exactly what this word means..) by FloridaWife to list 8 facts about myself, so here goes:
1. I'm 5'9" and can never find pants long enough to fit me.
2. I have a cute black fluffy cat named Roofus, who loves to bring her toys up in the middle of the night and let the whole house know what she's doing. She also has only 4 teeth but she can gum down her food just fine. We adopted her from a shelter and her name was Teresa (?). We named her Reggie but then she just felt more like a Roofus to me, so that name stuck. I like to give nicknames to animals - My cat growing up was named Sasha but I called her McGee, and my mom's dog is named Skipper but I call him Bo.
3. I'd be happy if we never got a dog. This feeling intensifies whenever I see someone walking behind a dog in the middle of Carmel carrying a bag of poop. We're probably going to have to get a dog someday but not until Madeleine is old enough to carry that bag herself. (Or her daddy can do it, since he wants one so much.)
4. I used to be a lifeguard in high school and college and that was my favorite job ever! I wish I could still do that in the summer.
5. My favorite drink is an iced chai from Starbucks. But now that I have to give up dairy, I have to get an iced soy chai which is pretty good but not quite as good. (Soy doesn't seem to bother her, but dairy definitely does now that I've tested it...sad.)
6. I used to teach abstinence education to inner city kids.
7. I majored in Religious Studies at a public university. Most of my classes were taught by a very anti-Catholic Baptist preacher. I used to start a few "discussions" in those classes and got really into apologetics. Also, on tests, I would put the "correct" answer like the teacher wanted, but then I would write next to it that I was just putting that answer because the teacher wanted me to, but that I didn't believe it and explain why.
8. I minored in Spanish and I've been to Mexico about 10 times on mission trips. Also, my first job out of college was the Youth Programs Director for the Hispanic Center in Indy. It was a lot of fun and I started a soccer league, golf club, boxing club, took the kids fishing, art club and several other things. I had a great time with the kids and learned lots of Spanish, however it seems to be true that "if you don't use it, you lose it."
I tag Anne and Brenda and Heather :)
3 comments:
thanks for the tag and cute picture on your new format!
I like how you answered the questions, but then put what you believed to the side...I'm sharing that with my teens. Great integrity!! I love it!!!
Kathryn
What a well-lived life you have already had. It just shows what a wonderful mother you are and will be!
And I love #7. Good for you!
Post a Comment