Saturday, July 06, 2013

7 months

Is it just me or does 7 months sound really old??  It's closer to one than birth!  Sarah is such an awesome baby.  We've been going a lot of places with my friend who is a nanny for a family, and she says Sarah is the most "portable" baby she's ever met... meaning, we can take her anywhere and we barely know she is there!  I wrap her a lot on my back and she just hangs out, taking everything in, hardly making any noise.  There's been a few times we've gone somewhere for several hours and M or JP didn't even know she was with us!  (They're a little oblivious but still!)
I take back everything I said about her being a good sleeper though.  She goes to bed around 7:30-8 and then usually gets up around 12, 3 and 6 to eat.  Luckily she is an awesome napper, takes 2 really good naps, about 2-3 hours.
Lately she has really started liking playing with toys on the floor.  She can roll and pivot herself around but cannot sit up on her own yet.  We started solid food and she has had bananas, avocados, sweet potatoes and a bite of watermelon.

She adores her big siblings and just lights up when she sees them.  They all fight over who gets to talk to her and play with her... good and bad!  Mom stayed with all 4 kids when we went out for a few hours on our anniversary.  I tried to pump throughout the day and leave her a bottle but I only got 1.5 oz.  I fed her and put her to bed right before I left and she never went to sleep.  Mom got her up after she put the other kids to bed, she sucked down the bottle no problem, and played on the floor til we got home.  Maybe I should try to pump a little more ;)

She's finally getting a little hair!  And it's very light.  I just love her so much.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

She's a beautiful baby!

Amazing Life said...

She is gorgeous!

laurasuz said...

She is beautiful!!

Anne said...

She is a beautiful baby. Love those big blue eyes. Emma's just starting to get some fuzz on her head too and it looks pretty blond.

9peasMom said...

She is beautiful Beth, I love hearing about happy babies too. I had some screamers and so when a happy baby was born it was such a blessing (the screamers ended up being the BEST teens though (maybe they worked it all out with all that screaming their first year)!