So a friend gave me the genius idea of putting music on and everyone cleans for a half hour. John Paul always requests Beatles radio on pandora and we have a great time! This morning Jp mopped and picked up and M picked up the screened porch. I cleaned the kitchen, got BBQ short ribs in the crock pot, baked a loaf of bread, folded all the laundry and organized the school stuff. I think this will be a great routine to get into! It's fun for all of us and the house is getting into shape :)

6 comments:
That's such a great idea! I can't wait for MG to want to help me! :)
Got it from Rebecca at shovedtothem.blogspot.com :)
I stole your Idea and used Motown to get me inspired to put the clothes away and although my kids are too young to help me they stayed out of my way and danced around.
Our house music as of late has not been nearly as fun, since SOME of us (who shall remain nameless, but they're cute and female and little) insist on listening to their Princess CD... which means that the rest of us groan inwardly as we are treated to yet another round of "Beauty and the Beast." Watching a 15-yr old boy try to show restraint as he is forced to clean to this music is a powerful example of "offering it up!" *grin*
We ALL clean so much better if we have happy music on - really loud! We are hoping to buy a house this summer - (suddenly scared to death we are making the wrong choice as to houses - as this house will need expansion in basement which has little natural light!) But I digress - my point being that once we own our own our own home - I'm going to put my husbands techie skills and have him wire up speakers so that we can enjoy music throughout the house while we clean! (Or when we party!)
We ALL clean so much better if we have happy music on - really loud! We are hoping to buy a house this summer - (suddenly scared to death we are making the wrong choice as to houses - as this house will need expansion in basement which has little natural light!) But I digress - my point being that once we own our own our own home - I'm going to put my husbands techie skills and have him wire up speakers so that we can enjoy music throughout the house while we clean! (Or when we party!)
Post a Comment