Friday, November 25, 2011

Our trip to St. Francis

Today Leo and I traveled to my alma mater to attend Brian's funeral. We got there early and were able to see some old friends, see the campus, my old dorm and house I lived in for two years, the Newman Center, and I even took Leo on a date to the MT Cup, my favorite coffee house where I used to go on dates with Ken! Leo was very well behaved considering it was a LONG day and several hours in the car.

Also he looked pretty darn cute with his red vest! He's hanging out on the Newman Center floor, where I lived and worked in the Christian Leadership Program (CLP) for 2 years, some of my favorite years of my life!


Here's the cottage right next door to the Newman Center where we lived. First year, 4 girls, second year, 5 girls. 1 and a half baths. It was fabulous :)

Leo spent the majority of the time in the Ergo, either walking around the Narthex and occasionally making it into the church. The funeral was just beautiful. Lots of priests, great music, great homily. Since Brian was involved in music ministry in the parish for many years, SO many people showed up to play instruments and sing. The music was just beautiful. They played a song Brian wrote and the mass parts that Brian wrote as well. Then the recessional hymn was Lights in the City - the last song he sang. It was AMAZING. Everyone clapped and we were happy and sad at the same time.

Leo only got to meet Brian once, but when he did, Brian called him "Jack" since he thought that sounded pretty good with our last name ;)

I'm so glad we went! May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.






Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

6 comments:

JellyBelly said...

How wonderful that you were able to walk down memory lane! Sounds like you had a great time at school!

Condolences again on losing your friend. Continuing to pray for him and his family.

Jamie Jo said...

I'm so glad you got to go. It helps with your own grieving. Sounds like a great day.

I'm sure your friend would have liked that.

Questions about Leo....I see he's eating cheerios...can he eat solids? Does he have a mouthpiece? I think our baby will need that and also tape for the first 3 mos to cover stretch the lip....a million things on this crazy mind of mine!!

I think and pray for you often...and especially when I come here and see that sweet chubby face!!!

Jamie Jo said...

Uh, Leo's sweet chubby face, not yours!!

Sew said...

LOL@ Jamie Jo - sweet chubby face!! hahahaha

Sounds beautiful! I said a prayer for him. ;)

Thankful said...

Your friend sounds amazing - what a tribute to someone who gave so much!

On an unrelated note, I have nominated you (aka - Prayer Buddy extraordinaire) for an award. I posted about it on my blog.

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Okay C beat me to it - I also nominated for you the same award. Well, you deserve it!!! Check out our blogs to see how much we love you! :)