If you are newly pregnant, have a weak stomach, or are feeling bad in any way, please move along right now. This post is not for the faint of heart.
This blog has had it's fair share of poop stories. You can read a few favorites here and here. This one might take the cake.
John Paul has had some diarrhea issues for about a week. I thought he was on the tail end of it (so to speak) since today wasn't bad at all. Even though he's relatively newly potty trained, he has been great at telling us when he has to go and making it to the potty. So tonight we all decided to walk to our church playground down the street. Madeleine and Daddy on bikes, me pushing the double jogging stroller with the boys.
We get there, the kids were playing, running around, having a great time, while I sat on a bench with Baby Leo and watched. All of a sudden, John Paul goes down the slide and starts coming toward me, walking funny. I knew right away what had happened. "Mommy, I have to go poo poo" he said. But it was too late. By the time he got to me, he had diarrhea in completely covering the lower half of his body. In his underwear, shorts, down his legs, in his leather stride rite sandals. Ken and I just looked at each other for a minute, trying to decide what to do. I did not even bring the diaper bag. We carefully stripped him down, and I found an old package of dry wipes in the bottom of the stroller. (We only take that stroller around the neighborhood so we weren't prepared.) The wipes weren't cutting it, there was no way he could get back into the stroller the way he was. So, I had to carry him, covered with poop, under his arms, holding him away from my body, bum bum and little boy parts hanging out for all to see, all the way across the parking lot, up the stairs, past the adoration chapel, and into the bathroom. We get into the bathroom, of course there's no paper towels in there. And no hot water. So I did the only thing I could do: stuck his little naked body in the sink and scrubbed him down with my BARE HANDS. He thought this was the greatest thing in the world. He stuck his hands in the soap, made faces in the mirror, said "I LOVE taking a bath at church!" I finally get him cleaned off, washed my own hands, then held his little bum under the blow dryer.
As we were walking back towards the playground, of course the football game was just ending. So tons of people were walking through the parking lot probably wondering why my kid had no pants.
17 comments:
Best post ever!!! I'm laughing so hard it hurts!!!!
Lulz.
"I love taking a bath at church."
That right there is priceless.
Please please please save this post and bring it out when he's a teenager to remind him what you went through. To say this post is hilarious is the understatement of the century.
Since poop is all I ever talk about these days, this post made me feel right at home. Loved it. And jelly of how potty trained he is. Lately C will hold bms and streak his underwear all day. At least at the end of the day after a forty five minute (or more) stint in the bathroom together it comes out in the right place. The downer today was he removed the pullup at nap and wiped himself on the dark towel covering his window. Well, at least he can wipe himself?!
I do have to say, also, how much I love how he was just enjoying the moment in the sink. That is precious!
Hahaha!! Oh my goodness. Way to take one for the team :)
Oh no on so many levels! :-)
Bishop Higi used to say that "being a parent seems like a much harder job than being a priest." Count me convinced :)
Lol dp!
Oh Beth. Oh my, sweet girl! Talk about a mama war story!!! This is HILARIOUS!!!! Glad you two were such troopers!!!
Your kids are hilarious!
Great poop story
You could have stuck his bum in the baptismal font:) Ha, just kidding.
What a mess! Did you reward yourself with a Starbucks later?
I thought you were going to say that he made a streak down the slide! We had a poopy day here, too - ten total dirty diapers between two boys...
oh my goodness! That is hilarious! The only thing funnier would have been you walking over to the rectory and getting Fr. Richard's reaction as you asked to use their bathroom. hahahahahahaha!!
OH, my gosh, I hope you can look back and laugh....and sigh a big sigh of relief it's all over!!!
OH, and now you'll probably always bring fresh wipes and never need them!!
Post a Comment