I love the Indiana State Fair! I make it a point to go every year. I love the food and my kids LOVE the animals. Here's what we ate:
Giant pork tenderloin (split with my mom)
Madeleine made some good friends with the cows. This was the calf petting area. She loved it.

She also loved the baby pigs. She didn't understand why she didn't get to hold one.

That would be a bloomin' onion. SO good.
Petting a giant bunny.
More calves. She had a huge smile on her face the whole time.

This is what John Paul looked like about 5 seconds after we left the parking lot. He did wake up for a second when he heard my mom say the word "snack" (that'll rouse him from a dead sleep) but he dropped right off again before he could eat it.

(Leo went too, but we got zero flattering pictures of him.)
So, I had to pump at the fair. I staked out a spot next to the cow barn (yes, the cow barn) and the corn dog stand. I can guarantee you people took pictures with their phones and I'm sure I'm on someone's facebook somewhere in an album entitled "Fair People."
10 comments:
i hope you mean 2011 :)
Sounds like a blast! Im sure M was in heaven with all the animals.
When I went when Will was a baby they had nursing tents and pop up campers. Do they have them this year or were they just not close enough?
oops! I changed it!
They did have a Lactation Station, I saw after I was done pumping by the corn dogs ;)
I can't imagine a more appropriate place to pump than by the cow barns! Maybe you should have asked to borrow one of those industrial milkers... could have gotten it all out in 30 seconds flat!
That bloomin' onion looks SOOOOOO good.
Looks like fun!
Fair people!!! Hahaha! Too funny!
Saw this and immediately thought of you!
http://happysimpleton.com/2011/08/15/public-display/
LOL THANKS Monica!!
:-D
You weren't there when the storm hit and the stage blew over, were you?
No, but we did see the stage, it was all blocked off. So sad!
Post a Comment