First of all, John Paul had decided he didn't want to wear diapers the day before he broke his hand. I didn't know if it was the real thing or not, but after 2 weeks I think I can safely say it's the real thing! He's potty trained! I'm SO HAPPY!!! He usually doesn't watch TV on the potty but sometimes a boy's gotta do what a boy's gotta do. It took him a few days to get #2 down but he did it. I'm so proud of him. He was SO much easier than Madeleine. Oh and you can see how Madeleine puts her toys away (on TOP of the toybox instead of in it.) She fixed that later.

So last night he decided he was DONE with his cast (a day early.) He stuck it between the slats of his crib and pulled his arm out of it. Sorry these pictures are so terrible, they were taken with my phone in terrible lighting last night. He was pretty proud of himself!


Oh how we missed playing in water and sand! That's all we did all afternoon.

The doctor took Xrays this morning at our appointment, and although we could still see a line where the break was, he said it's healing just fine. He told me to just let him use his hand like he wanted to, not ask him to do anything extra with it. He has been using it all day. He picked up something heavy and immediately put it down and said it hurt, but other than that he hasn't mentioned it. I'm so glad it's over and can't wait to get in the pool tomorrow!!
6 comments:
Hysterical!!! You have a little Houdini on your hands!
Ha ha, what a great kid!!! And congrats on the potty training… whew!
Too funny!! I can't believe he got the cast off. And congrats on the potty training. We're at 2 1/2 weeks and it's getting better.
Yea JP on potty training!! He is a little smarty pants on how he got his cast off!
what a determined little guy! HA!!! He took his own cast off! are you kidding me??? i'm laughing out loud! that's awesome!
Hooray on both counts!
Post a Comment