Monday, May 02, 2011
A lesson for Leo (and me)
Madeleine loves to lay with Baby Leo in our bed when I'm getting ready in the morning. She brings a stack of books to read to him. This morning, I walked in to find her reading Graceful Parenting, Simple Advice for Raising a Gentle and Loving Child to him. She was reading in a totally animated voice like you would read a book to a baby, "Yelling doesn't work. You don't need to yell to get your point across. Don't yell at your children and don't yell in front of your children. Don't yell at their brothers and sisters, and don't yell at your husband, wife, relatives or friends. Children copy what they see around them. If you don't yell and people around them don't yell, your children will not learn to yell. If you feel like yelling, stop for a moment and get control of yourself. If you need to leave to do this, excuse yourself from any children present before you yell."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Um, I think I missed this parenting book….
And what's with the preschooler who can read like a college professor? That's it! She can marry a Bubble Boy.
Good advice... does it come with a pillow to hide your face in when leaving is not an option! :-)
Too cute!
Yeah, I skipped that chapter.
Oh, and off topic, but where is the new header? You have a third child now...
Too funny! I yell way too often.... Definitely something to work on.
Poor Nelson must only know my voice in one volume- loud!
I am lucky I have kicked the yelling habit, because anytime someone raises their voice, my sensitive Bella starts crying!
LOLOLOL!!!!! That is hilarious!
I needed to hear this today. Very timely. Bless your daughter!
haha that is so cute! :)
That's too cute! I love it.
And, I have two boys for her to pick from whenever she's ready!
Post a Comment