Yesterday we were driving and he said, "Mommy, I'm not a kid." I said, "What are you, John Paul?" He said, "I'm a MAN!"
The other day we were in Starbucks. For some reason, he thinks he owns the place. So he was walking around and he went behind the counter for a minute. I stood up to go get him and a few minutes later the barista came from behind the counter and handed me a grande water. I asked what that was for and he pointed to John Paul and said, "He ordered it!"
At his 2 year old doctor appointment, he weighed in at 27 lbs and 34 inches. 25th percentile for weight at 50th for height. The doctor asked if he said 50 words and put two word sentences together, and I just about laughed out loud. He probably says 500+ words and says 8-9 word sentences! I'm not sure I've EVER heard a kid talk like this, even Madeleine who I thought was very advanced :) He talks in paragraphs and can say just about anything. He has an amazing sense of humor for a 2 year old!
He carries his "kiki" (blanket) everywhere. He's very attached to it, and never sleeps without it. Lately it's been developing quite the personality. "Kiki is crying. I can help!" "Kiki is hungry." "Kiki wants to go to the dragon cave (Starbucks.)"
He can't stand to see a tower of blocks or toys neatly lined up by his sister without coming through like a hurricane and smashing it to pieces. Luckily Madeleine is VERY patient with him about this. She does know how to push his buttons though - and they are quite easy to push! It doesn't take much to get him to scream his fool head off!
He is also such a loving little boy! He comes up randomly during the day and hugs and kisses me. He loves to sit on our laps and says "Mommy (or Daddy or Grandma) hold you!" He loves his big sister and is starting to pay attention to his little brother. He is nearly impossible to take to church (or really anywhere.) He is always busy and gets into everything! He doesn't like to be contained. He likes to do everything "by self." But he is a wonderful little boy and we just love him so much! He probably doesn't get in trouble as much as he should - it's hard to get mad at that little face!
All pics by Julie - THAT is talent!
12 comments:
Ahh! So cute!
He is super cute, Happy Birthday!
Okay, I think I'm in love with him! What a smart, adorable, funny, handsome kid!!
(He reminds me A LOT of what my Paul was like. Paul is 13 now, and a stellar young man in every way!)
Love that little boy...I mean man!!
Bella is pretty much obsessed with John Paul and every time I say his name she smiles!
It was a miracle that we managed some awesome portraits!!
Tridentine Wife...I, being her Mom, could tell you some stories about what Miss Beth is REALLY like;)
OMG he is so adorable! Love the hat kiddo!
Those pictures are so good!! Great job Julie!!
Love that John Paul!!
He is a cutie. I love the hat.
To die for!
Cutest boy on planet earth!!
From one VERY proud Godmother.
27 pounds? My little tubby weighs that now at 11 months! Give that boy some cake....
to cute
Post a Comment