Friday, March 25, 2011

Quick takes

1. John Paul got really sick again yesterday with breathing issues. This happened last year and he ended up in the hospital. At least this time I knew it was getting bad and was able to get him into the doctor in time. He's on steroids, antibiotics (just in case it was triggered by an infection) and breathing treatments every 4 hours.

2. My mom is out of town so I called one of my favorite neighbors and asked if I could leave M and L with her while I took JP to the doc. I was SO glad I did since we ended up waiting over an hour for the doctor in the tiny waiting room. It was kind of nice to be able to give him some one on one attention. He was totally charming the nurses and they gave him a popsicle and extra books while we waited. I've never left the kids with anyone but my mom so I was pretty proud of myself ;)

3. An old friend wrote me a very encouraging message, saying she had exclusively pumped for her daughter for a year. She gave me hope that I can do it too!

4. Leo is eating SO MUCH I can barely keep up. I started taking fenugreek and blessed thistle this week and today finally I have extra without having to borrow from tomorrow's supply. Whew!!

5. I love the newborn phase but I also really love where he is now. He is sturdier, easy to carry around, loves being "worn" in the ergo or Moby, and is starting to coo and smile ALL the time.

6. Madeleine and John Paul were making silly noises the other day and Leo laughed out loud! They rushed over to him and made him laugh again and again. It was SO awesome. Baby's first laugh is a sound straight from heaven, and it's even better when all the siblings are laughing together.

7. We celebrated the Feast of the Annuniciation today with coloring pages and the Bible story. Hopefully some of it sunk in!

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Julie said...

I thought you celebrated with a coffee date with me and Bella?!?

...or are you trying to deny being associated with us after the "crime" that Bella committed yesterday?

Nicole C said...

Awww!! Hope JP feels better SOON!!!

Little JoAnn said...

Get better John Paul. I am so glad you knew this time around just what to look for. I like your comment about being sturdier....so true!

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Poor little guy!!!

Totally unrelated, you need to change your header pics or else Leo is going to be sad!!! Update, woman! What do you think you are, the mother of three small children???

Megan said...

Aww poor JP! I hope he is feeling better by now!
Yay for Leo laughing! :)