Friday, March 18, 2011

Quick Takes

1. I got a new laptop! Unfortunately, it was right at the beginning of Lent, and I gave up getting on the computer and phone when the kids are awake. This has been great for me and the kids but bad for the blog ;) So this is only about the third time I've been on it. It's great though! We also got a wireless printer so I've been able to print out coloring pages for the kids really easily. St Joseph tomorrow!

2. Ken and I were just watching Brian Regan stand up and I was laughing so hard I kept waking Leo up.

3. Yesterday the kids and I went downtown to the St. Patrick's Day parade. We had a great time and the kids got plenty of candy. Unfortunately Leo also got a little sunburn. I felt terrible and called the doc today. They said to put aloe on it and it was nothing to worry about. Poor Baby. We also had corned beef and cabbage and rye bread and cinnamon rolls last night. Yum!

4. I tried a new chart system for Madeleine this week. We are really working on obedience. She hasn't been doing well at all. Either she will keep doing whatever I tell her to stop, or just ignores me when I tell her to do something - or whines about it. So we talked about how important it is to obey - all the way, right away, the happy way. This week, every time I asked her to do something and she said "Yes Mommy I'd be happy to!" and actually did it, she got to put a mark on her chart. At the end of the week I will give her a penny for every mark. She did amazing this week. She was so helpful and cheerful! I hope this lasts and it's definitely worth every penny :) I still have to do her 4 year old post!

5. John Paul is THE funniest kid I've ever met in my life. He makes me laugh out loud every day. He is so expressive and his vocabulary and verbal skills are absolutely amazing. Today we had a water softener guy here and he was cracking up at him, and said he was like an adult in a tiny little body. The ladies in the nursery at church (during mom's group they stay in there) love him and every week they tell me how amazed they are at how well he talks. He is so expressive and dramatic, does different voices, memorizes books and "reads" them, and has very intense emotions. He comes up and hugs me multiple times a day. Love that boy.

6. Leo is growing like a weed. He is definitely in 3-6 month clothes now. He is very long and getting much sturdier. We had a week or two when he was waking up 2-3 times a night and eating 4-5 oz each time. I wasn't sure I'd be able to keep up with him but so far I have! So glad I'm doing ok on pumping and he's thriving. I definitely cannot have dairy though. I cheated last weekend and totally regretted it. The past two nights he's only woken up once. That is so much better.

7. My kids are obsessed with Little Red Riding Hood, the Three Pigs and especially the Big Bad wolf. A friend of mine made 3 pigs and a BBwolf hand puppets for JP for his birthday. They turned out amazing and I can't wait to give them to him!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

6 comments:

Mary said...

yaaaaay for more sleep!!!! :) :) :)

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

"all the way, right away, the happy way" I LOVE this! I hope I can remember that a few years from now!

WheelbarrowRider said...

I am all about the sticker charts, etc :)
JP and Charlie sound like twins. Charlie is mickey mouse one day, pooh another, woody another, a bb player..I can't keep up!
JP and AJ are also twins. Def a growth spurt around this age. He started eating at night again and going to four oz for each feeding. And yesterday he had his four month appt and he is in the 75% for height. Pretty sure C was never 75% unless it was weight! :)

Brenda said...

good quick takes! i love the chart idea. maybe would probably demand a dollar per mark though, the little turkey:)

i worry about nelson getting a sunburn on his head. there's not much hair up there!

Monica said...

Your kids sound so awesome. I wish we could hang out!

Anonymous said...

haha!!! brian regan.... XD XD one of the funniest people I have ever come upon... XD

Myn