1. My mom and I took the kids to the mall to see Santa. He asked Madeleine if she wanted an American Girl doll (wth). Several problems with this. a. She's 3. b. We're not spending that much TOTAL on her. c. What if she KNEW what that was and then expected Santa to bring it? Um.... luckily she's clueless about that. She's actually clueless about all the "popular" toys he asked her about. I'm pretty happy about this.
2. John Paul was fascinated but too scared to sit on his lap. He kept his head on Grandma's shoulder but did reach out to take the candy cane. Then he spent the rest of the day saying, "Santa's Watchin'!"
3. I can barely move anymore. It hurts to bend over, pick up Bud, do laundry, walk, etc. I know I'll feel so much better once this kid comes out. But I will do this as many times as God calls me to do it ;) The babies are TOTALLY worth it.
4. Seriously I can't believe I'll meet my third child in less than 3 weeks.
5. I need help with this one. I'm trying to figure out how to configure the van to get the kids in as easy as possible. Options: Put M and JP in the back, the baby behind the driver and take the other seat (behind the passenger) out. Pros are having both kids together back there, they can hand each other books and toys and stuff. Cons are not being able to reach them to hand them stuff, and having to crawl back there every time to buckle both of them in. (Madeleine can buckle herself in but not with her coat on.) Option 2, put just M in the back, put the baby behind the driver and put JP behind the passenger. Pros - I can still reach JP and get him in and out of the car easily. Cons: M will be by herself back there and I'll have to crawl into the back to get her buckled in. We'll have to make sure the floor is always clear so she can get herself in. There is NO WAY I could get myself around the carseats to get her in, so if she needed help I'd have to crawl in the back and help her. Ugh. How do you do this??
6. I got to meet Fr. Leo Patalinghug this week when he did our Parish Mission. He was great and I bought his cookbook and got his autograph. I've tried 4 recipes out of it and they've all been hits over here.
7. I have almost all my Christmas shopping done. I have to wait to do the rest until Ken gets his bonus, but it is all in my cart at Amazon. All I have to do is click on "order" and it'll be here in two days. Each kid gets three gifts so I've put a lot of thought into what to get them, and I think they'll be happy.
Have a great weekend everyone!
9 comments:
Our carseat configuration: Isaac in the way back, passenger side (he can buckle, but still can't push the red button hard enough to unbuckle! So I reach back there just for that), Simon behind passenger in middle, and Joseph behind driver. Joseph is still facing backward, which I will keep for as long as I can, since he can see and interact with Isaac that way. It's not perfect, especially trying to get S and J in without anyone getting away, but it works for now. How exciting that you have this to figure out - another baby in your family! Can't wait for the news!
I truly cannot believe that Santa put a suggestion into M's head!!! That is unacceptable. Bad Santa.
When I have driven with an extra kid I would put Quinn in the back with half the seat down and do everything from the trunk....i.e. buckle and unbuckle. I can not climb through our van very well either so i found this to be the best option. the other 2 kids in the middle row. the only downside is always going to be passing stuff to her would be impossible.
the sad thing is there is no simple solution but let me know what works for you so i'll have an idea when we expect number 3
I would have been sooooo irritated with that Santa!
For car seats, I'd say for safety's sake that having easy access to all three kids is important, so I'd put two in the way back, one behind the driver, and take out the extra seat so you could easily get to all of them if there was a need for it. But I'm a little neurotic, so take that with a grain of salt. :-)
What a naughty Santa! Seriously!
I'd probably opt for having M in the back by herself, BUT I've never been there done that, so this is all theory!
I am so clueless on the carseat configurations ... it seems like there are definite pros and cons either way. Why not try new baby and JP side by side first, then if it isn't working out so well, try taking out that seat and moving JP to the back?
I cannot imagine how uncomfortable you must be feeling, and during one of the busiest times of year.
I have not purchased a SINGLE Christmas gift, so you ought to be proud of yourself. Come on, bonus!!
Depends on what you drive. I have a Mazda van and put boys in the back (both can buckle up, J unbuckels himself and than brother) R is behind driver, the seat next to hers is out. That way if I have to unbuckle D (who is behind R) I can get to him easily.
What can I say? LOVE my Mazda!
As for Santa, I will never forget D's response to a cashier was it last year? He was than 3. She asked him what Santa was brinning him, to wich he said 'Santa? Who's he? I don't know that guy!' And I want to keep it that way!
I wonder how much Santa is getting paid to put that greed into little girl's heads??
Also, M and JP in the back and baby behind the passenger seat and take out the seat behind the driver. You can crawl into the driver side to get JP in and out and put baby in from that door too if you need to. AND, that way you can reach him from the driver seat if you need to.
Every configuration is going to require some kind of work on your part, unfortunately. So I say go with what will keep the kids happiest, for the most part.
3 is definitely too young for American Girl, but we got one for each of our older daughters, with the help of our parents. My oldest is 9 and still asking for a doll and I am going to do all I can to keep her young, if you know what I mean.
Post a Comment