Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Beth's version of nesting

Cooking? Cleaning? Not so much. I wanted to get Madeleine a Christmas outfit but I looked at several stores and didn't like anything. And plus, since M is in a 4T, the last size in the little girl sizes, I looked at the "big girl" section too. Seriously, the clothes in that section either look like you're dressing your kid like a little teenager or a little hooker! Not so into that. So I decided to try to make her an outfit. I had a little bit of Christmas fabric and some red flannel, so yesterday at nap time I sat down and tried to make her a skirt. I also want to embellish a little white turtleneck with the same fabric, but haven't got to that yet. I was very pleasantly surprised at how the skirt turned out! Here's the back (she still has her name tag from the nursery during Mom's group and her name is spelled wrong!)

The side with her silly smile....
And the front! I love it and it looks adorable on her!
Oh and you can see our new tile in that picture too ;) I forgot to do a post on all that.

And don't forget to go see Sew's blog and congratulate her!!

7 comments:

Cathy said...

SO DANG CUTE!!
You are quite the talent!

Jenni said...

I wish I could sew :-(

JellyBelly said...

I want a skirt like that too!!!

nicole said...

Cute. And her name will always be misspelled. My M's name is spelled like hers and people always leave out the extra 'e'.

Angela said...

That is so cute! I agree on the "big girl" clothes, I'm not looking forward to moving into that section! Are you able to find any 5T clothes, I always find 5T around here, Isabella is just starting to wear some 5T tops.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I love it!

Jen said...

Hey ~ that's the Little Bo Peep skirt in a crafting book, right? Too cute - great job!! I agree about the little girl fashions. Agreed - really - not so into that!