Thursday, December 09, 2010

Introducing...

Leo Michael!
8 lbs 8 oz 20 3/4 inches

He had a knot in his cord, the cord around his neck, and he has a cleft palate. Its 2:30 am and I'm about to work with a lactation consultant to try to feed him. Please pray for us!

Other than the cleft, he's healthy and beautiful with a full head of curly, dark hair!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

31 comments:

Monica said...

Congratulations!!!!!! I am excited to hear the details!

I'm so glad you are working with a lactation consultant. There are so many ways you can make bresatfeeding work, even with severe clefts. I hope you find a system that works well for both of you! I saw the pic on FB and he is a beautiful little boy.
Praying for you, DH, M, DP, and little Leo.

Monica said...

Also, you probably already know the breastfeeding website kellymom, but if you don't, here is a link to their resources on breastfeeding a baby with cleft lib or palate:
http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/bfhelp-cleft.html

Holly Rutchik said...

PTL for a safe delivery!!
What a blessing! Congrats on a lovely little one and I'll pray the feedings go well no matter what!

... said...

Congratulations!

Jenny said...

I cannot believe all the curly dark hair!! I cannot wait to snuggle him!!

Mrs. Mike said...

Congratulations!!! Did you and Sew have a baby on the same day?? Prayers for you to get him to latch!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Welcome to the world Leo

WheelbarrowRider said...

Wonderful! Congratulations! Curly hair? I can't wait to see the pics! Sweet name! I hope the cleft doesn't get in the way of feeding; I am sure the lactation consultants can get you through it.

Anne said...

Congrats, congrats!!! I LOVE the name. Can't wait to see pictures of your newest little treasure. What a perfect Christmas gift. Oh I'm going to check out fb for a picture!!!!

Prayers.

Jenni said...

I can't believe all that hair!!!! He is just so sweet and what a wonderful name you choose for him. I can't wait to come meet him! I will talk to you later today to see if you guys are up for visitors!!!

Grace in my Heart said...

Congratulations Beth! I love his name and he is just precious!!!

More Than Anything said...

Congratulations! I love his name! Welcome to the world little Leo!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

CONGRATS!!! I can't wait to see pics. Gosh I love this blogger baby boom!

Thankful said...

Congratulations!!! The idea of a child with curly hair just makes me melt... Best of luck nesting in and getting to know the newest member of "the Pack".

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Congratulations! You know I love anything remotely connected to the "The Pack" or in your in case "The Packs"!

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO excited for you!!!!!! He's a great size and SO cute!!!!

Brenda said...

Congratulations, Pack Family! I love all his hair:)

You are a nursing pro and I bet he'll adapt quickly with the LC help. Praying for you!

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Soooo happy for you all!!! And born on such an amazing Feast Day!!

I love how our community is right there with information (Monica!). God bless you as you work to get him nursing like a champ!

Cathy said...

I LOVE HIS GUTS!!!

You are amazing, my hero.

"How can people say there are too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."
-Bl. Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Julie said...

Congrats Beth! Praying for you and baby Leo! I can't wait to capture his precious little body in photos!

E said...

Congratulations!!! What a wonderful name!!! You are amazing!!

Amazing Life said...

Congratulations Pack Family!!!

I love that he was born on the Feast of Immaculate Conception!

Praying for you all!

Mrs. Mike said...

Duh...I see now he was born at least the day after Sew's little Hannah. So sweet though that you delivered your babies within a matter of hours of each other. Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad he is here and healthy! Congratulations!!!

LauraSuz said...

I LOVE his name! Congrats on your handsome baby boy!

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

Congratulations!! I'll pray that breastfeeding goes well!

Unknown said...

Hurrah for your sweet guy. I'll pray for you!

JoAnna Wahlund said...

Congratulations! I'll ask for the intercession of Our Lady of La Leche. :)

Megan said...

SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Congratulations!!!

Shannon said...

Praise God! YOu will rock the breastfeeding.... Praying!

Chasing said...

Congrats!