

We also got to go out to lunch with them and some of our other friends from high school - the three of us have an older girl and younger boy - all in the same age ranges. They had a great time together. Our friend Fr. Dan also joined us. We sure miss them a lot! Today, my mom and I took the kids to their first movie in a movie theater. It was a free summer movie - The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. The kids really enjoyed it and did great. We wheeled John Paul's stroller in so he could be contained for a while. We kept the popcorn coming and he did really great. I only had to break out the secret weapons once ;)
Madeleine really enjoyed it too - you know she loves pirates anyway, and enjoys Veggie Tales. She not only has never seen a movie in a movie theater (that she remembers anyway), but she's hardly ever seen a movie at home. I don't think she's ever sat through a whole one. I haven't really tried yet though. She's happy with her half hour shows and she only gets two of those a day. But she did really well and paid attention through the whole thing.
She also had another eye doctor appointment today. Her eyes aren't getting worse so we're going to try to hold off on her surgery until January. She wants to see her in October just to make sure but it's looking good right now. I also have an ultrasound tomorrow - so we'll find out if it's REALLY a boy! I have heard of a few people who thought it was a boy from an earlier u/s and then it turned out to be a girl!
Oh and we also finally told Madeleine tonight that she's going to have a baby brother or sister. She was really excited, especially when I told her she could come see a picture of the baby in Mommy's tummy tomorrow morning ;)


3 comments:
M's hair looks so cute pulled up!!! I am glad they both did great in the movie! It is a fun experience.
I love that you limit their tv and movies so much! I wish I did...
Good news about M's eyes. And, so excited about the u/s! Can't wait to get confirmation on boyness!
Our theater does that and I keep meaning to go, your post nudged me to go ahead and give it a try with the little ones!
I can't wait to hear the ultrasound results, and I'm so glad your feeling better!
Post a Comment