Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sick sick sick

So Thursday and Friday I started feeling extremely nauseous and wasn't able to keep anything down - even tiny sips of water. Sorry if this post is TMI. By Friday morning I was desperate and at the end of my rope, and worried about the baby so I called the doctor. Of course the kids had their FIRST dentist appointment that morning and of COURSE my mom was out of town! So the nurse told me to come in and they'd squeeze me in. Ken stayed home with the kids and took them to the dentist. I can't tell you how sad I was to miss their first appointment. Apparently Madeleine was very good and John Paul screamed the entire time.

Anyway I got into the doctor's office after waiting in the waiting room for an hour and just broke down in tears in front of my poor doctor. She said I definitely needed IV fluids and some anti-nausea medicine, so she sent me up to labor and delivery, where they promptly sent me down to the ER and gave me a bag of fluids with some Zofran. At least I got to lay in bed for an hour and watch Ellen, even though I got freezing from the cold fluids going into my body. She also gave me a prescription for Zofran which I filled but haven't had to take. I got home and Ken left for work, and later that night I was able to eat a few pieces of toast. The next day I felt much better and today I'm almost back to my old self. I hope I don't have to do that again for a while.

The good news is, one of my best friends is coming into town today (but I won't see her til tomorrow.) I'm so excited to see her, her dh, my Goddaughter and her 10 month old baby boy who I have not met yet! Since my house is a disaster from me laying on the couch for the past 3 days, I better get off the computer and start cleaning!

6 comments:

Angela said...

Oh no, I'm sorry, that's rough! I'm so glad you are feeling better now! I caved in and took Zofran for a couple of months with this pregnancy. It wasn't a miracle drug, but did take the edge off, and allowed me to be able to leave the house. I hope you won't need to take it again, and you'll be feeling great soon!

Veronica said...

Awww that doesn't sound fun at all...glad you are feeling better now Beth. Don't worry, there will be plenty more dental visits to attend in the years to come! :)

JellyBelly said...

So sorry that you're feeling so icky! Hugs to you Beth!

Ouiz said...

Beth, zofran was my best friend during pregnancy. I was throwing up 16 times a day when I finally begged them to do something for me. I couldn't function like that anymore.

I pray that zofran turns out to be as much of a miracle drug for you as it has been for me!!!

Kathryn said...

I'm sorry to hear about your being so very ill. I'm glad the Dr. and hospital took good care of you and hope that episode is way behind you now with no hope of a repeat!

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Oh, this is awful!! I hope improvement comes FAST! I will be praying for you.