First of all, I'm only 13 weeks 3 days, but the baby has measured bigger than that all along. Yesterday he measured right at 14 weeks. I'm keeping my original due date of December 21st though, so when he comes early, it'll just be a happy surprise! (Please God, I want to be home on Christmas morning!!)
When I got into the room, the u/s tech asked if we wanted to find out the gender. I said yes! (I can't wait.) I asked her if we'd be able to tell today, and she said maybe. Then as she was moving the wand around on my belly, I saw it and said, "That's a boy, right?" And she said, "Uh, yeah." We got some good views - she actually said she was 90% sure it was a boy but I SAW it. It's a boy.
I kind of knew it was a boy just because John Paul is totally giving me a run for my money, with his destroying things, throwing things, general wildness. I figured I'd get two boys 20 months apart or so, and they'd be partners in crime!
But now that it's sinking in, I think this is perfect. Madeleine can still be the "queen bee" around here - a position she revels in, let me tell ya! She absolutely LOVES her brother - it's really amazing. She calls him "Little Buddy" or "Handsome" and loves to play with him. We haven't really told her we're going to have a new baby yet, just because I think 6 months is a very long time for a three year old to wait for anything. But she's still praying and asking God for a new baby. Last night Ken asked her if she liked having a brother, and she said YES! Then he asked if she'd like to have two brothers someday, and she said, "No, I want 20 brothers!" She is a crazy kid!
When I was little I used to pretend I had lots of brothers too - I had a family of cousins who have 4 boys, and we used to spend quite a bit of time with them. I used to pretend I had 4 extra brothers in addition to my 1. I think Madeleine will have it great - always having several people to play with (and probably boss around.) Siblings are really such blessings to each other!
I think John Paul will have a best buddy. They will be able to share a room someday and hopefully will be great friends when they get a little older. Yesterday when I was driving back from the doctor I saw two little boys playing catch in their yard. They looked like they were 7 and 9 or so, and they were having so much fun together. I'm excited that JP and M will get that! Plus we have one extra room that I want to move John Paul into, and then we can leave the nursery set up as it is. We even still have all the infant clothes we kept in there.
I still do want to have another girl someday for sure, just so Madeleine will have a sister. But I'm sure excited about this sweet little boy!
Now to think of a name....
12 comments:
haha okay sorry for the post removal. I reread it, and it didn't sound right. whoops!
Anyway, I was going to say that I love having two girls so close in age, and it is so cute when they play together. Two boys will be the same way, I'm sure. So much fun!
my boys are 15 months apart. what can I say? What doesn't kill you makes you stronger :)
I am loving every minute of this! Ha! You are right... it is a total gift to your children to give them this wonderful brother. In our family, the brothers call themselves "brothers for life."
Olya, ha! I hear ya.
I can't wait for the text messages in about a year! It's going to be GREAT! The pics of JP crack me up, I mean, that baby is all boy! Face down in the sandox! Bestill my heart!
I can't even wait! I love watching your family grow!
hahaha!
What Olya said...
;)
My fertile bf has two girls and a boy. Her older kids are in love with the baby (as am I!).
I can't wait to read the stories of the three Pack kids!!!
Congrats again!
I cant wait to see a pic of the 3 of them wearing snowman hats! :)
Gabriela G. (Sorry I forgot to sign my name haha)
Your 2 boys will keep you busy at the same time they are melting your heart! I am glad Eli and Jude are so close in age! I can't wait to meet this new little boy!!!
great post Beth, boys are wonderful...I always wished I had a sister for my 1 little girl, but it wasn't God's plan. Each of my boys have a partner in crime and I wouldn't have it any other way!
Yay for another boy! Congrats... So exciting! :)
Oh boy, oh boy. No pun intended. I've got two boys 2 1/2 years apart and they are thick as thieves here. I turn them loose in the backyard and they turn over rocks and dig in the dirt looking for bugs. They come in with snails in their pockets, sand in their hair, and mud on their cheeks. I change the 3 year old's clothes twice a day. Boys, when working together, need a bath before lunch and a bath before bed ... every day. Good luck! ;)
Post a Comment