Sunday, March 28, 2010

Holy Week begins

As nervous as I was about Palm Sunday mass, everyone was really well behaved! In an attempt to actually listen to the Passion Gospel, I decided to nurse John Paul during it. I actually haven't done that in public for a while, but it worked like a charm. He nursed during the entire gospel, and then kind of dozed off. So for the first time in probably 3 or 4 months, I did not have to leave the church once! It was really nice.

We are skipping Before 5 in a Row this week and focusing on Holy Week. We're doing a lot of reading from our kid's Bible Stories book - they have stories from Palm Sunday through Easter. We are also going to use our Can You Find Jesus book for the appropriate days.

I have some fun crafts planned too - a stained glass cross with tissue paper for earlier in the week and a Watercolor (her favorite) picture of the 3 crosses on the hill for Good Friday. I'm also planning on making Hot Cross Buns.

While searching for ideas, I came across several great sites. I am going to make a new section of my sidebar and post a few links.

In other news, John Paul finished his second round of antibiotics today for his ear infection that won't quit. I'm still not sure he's better. I might call the doctor tomorrow. What do they do after antibiotics don't work? Poor little Bud.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I saw your FB comment and was going to email you the Hot Cross Buns idea but you have it already! Those are cool!

I know there is a last resort, mega dose, super antibiotic so maybe the third will be the charm. Just pump him full of probiotics if you can. Poor guy!

I registered for the HSC last week! Hope things work out for you to go. Michelle says it's not "in" Atlanta, but north of it. I'll try to call you next week after EAster or if you are free, give me a call this week. I just don't want to disturb your Holy Week. And i got my copy of Before 5 and about to start reading it this week! I think it's going to be really great and so glad you brought it to my attention!

LifeHopes said...

I hope JP is over it, I really do!!

You are such a good mama, I can't wait to borrow these ideas!!

Jenny said...

Poor bud! No fun! Happy Holy Week!

bren j. said...

So I'm curious if you got another round of antibiotics for JP.
Both the girls had ear infections a couple weeks ago and I was puzzled that the LG actual got less medication than Squawky.