Sunday, February 01, 2009

Happy February!

According to my Ivillage updates, I'm 29 weeks today, and the baby weighs almost 3 lbs and is 13 inches long! No wonder it feels like he's about to kick me out of the chair I'm sitting in sometimes!

Also THIS line from the update really got me laughing:

He or she may be up all night and asleep all day, which is making rest tough for you! Don't worry, this doesn't guarantee that your baby will be a night owl after birth. He or she probably won't sleep through the night until about 6 weeks of age or so...

6 WEEKS!!!! SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT?? Where are these babies they're talking about???

I suppose I should go pretend to watch the superbowl....

9 comments:

LifeHopes said...

I'm pretending to watch the superbowl, too. P is hanging pictures.

Sew said...

You know what I did while watching the superbowl! BLECH!

I HATE FEBRUARY!!!!!!! I HATE TODAY!!!!!! I HATE JOB HUNTING!!!!!! :) I HATE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE I CAN FAKE IT!!!!!!

bren j. said...

Indeed! What a crock! The LG is finally 'sleeping through the night' at NINETEEN MONTHS. Sheesh!

Brenda said...

6 weeks my ASS! Sorry, but that is ridiculous. Only rarely do babies sleep that way and if they do, it's just their nature and very out of hte ordinary! those babies are being Ezzo'd and Ferberized! Gee, can you tell I'm an AP'er?

Angela said...

Isabella started sleeping 12 hours straight at night at 8 weeks, I always attributed it to her being a preemie (since preemies supposedly sleep a lot more), but who knows . . . it will definitely be interesting to see our future kids sleeping habits, she has spoiled us, and I have a feeling we won't be that spoiled again.

Beck said...

SIX WEEKS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Teresa & Connie said...

Ok yeah my kids are 5 and still rarely sleep through the night! I want some of the crack these people are smoking that say this stuff!

Anonymous said...

Well, as you know one of those babies is the 2-year old sitting beside me on the couch right now.
;)

I don't subscribe to any certain "parenting style." I just do what feels natural and loving.

One thing I think helped Mary was that from the time she was born, we never waited until she was dead asleep before putting her down. Going to sleep is a natural, beautiful, wonderful thing. I never wanted her (even at six weeks) to get the impression that I needed to "trick her" into falling asleep before abandoning her in a crib. So when she got sleepy (or when it was time, in fact) we would just put her in the crib, kiss her, say "I love you" and leave. To this day, she walks herself to her Big Girl Bed, gathers up whatever toys she wants to sleep with (it varies night to night) and crawls into bed. Admittedly, she now gives me a litany of songs she wants sung before I can leave, but I'm glad to do that like my mama and daddy did for me. She has never in my memory cried about bedtime, and she has never woken up crying, even as an infant. She would wake up "talking to herself."
Now, perhaps she is just a rare infant who embraces sleep, but perhaps she just sees going to sleep (or nap) as just a natural part of the day? I don't know.
But it's awesome.

-C

FloridaWife said...

I know 6 weeks 'sleep through the night.' Never happened to us.