Thursday, February 12, 2009

Getting ideas....

How cool would something like this be? I have never decorated a cake. Does anyone have any tips? Jenni H? Ken said he could get a great deal at the music store where he teaches guitar lessons and get her bongo drums for her birthday! I think she would LOVE it and we could have a drum cake too!!! I find it so funny that she loves drums so much! But it thrills me! It could be a passing phase or a lifelong hobby, whichever is fine with me - I just want her to do what she loves :)









8 comments:

Jenni said...

Go with the drum idea. It is a round cake that you can frost normally. I like the second one with the pretzels and m&ms. It looks easy and fun and acctually the most like a drum.

Kathryn said...

Yes, I love the drum idea! I've done them before and I'm not very good at cake decorating..drums are not hard!
I can't wait to see a pic with her bongo drums!

Sew said...

DO IT! Go with the pretzel marshmmellow one, that is darling!!! But do it pink instead of blue!!!! It looks easy too! Just don't eat all the M&M's! ;)

Beth said...

M LOVES M&M's - she calls them "Beans." She gets them for going on the potty :) Yeah I like the ones with pretzels too... hope I can make it turn out well!

Jen L said...

I love the drum idea!

Jeremiah 29:11 said...

TOO CUTE!! I love the cakes and love the music theme. Can't wait to see pics after the party! :)

Shannon said...

you DEFINITELY could do any of the cakes!!! they are adorable!!! take pics of what you decide!
the obsession with Drums is adorable!!

mum2twelve said...

I think the first looks most like a drum but the second looks the easiest to do
iF YOU WANT TO MAKE THE DRUMSTICKS sORRY FOR CAPS just noticed. Anway drumsticks - the tips are made either from Fontenant (sp?) or marizpan. Why don't you live in NC - I could easily help you make that cake! Email me if you have questions ewh, BTW we only live 2 hrs from Durham - used to live in Durham county!!! Thats twice we have crossed paths now! :-)