
Wow, my little angel will be TWO in just a few weeks! I can't believe it, and at the same time it's much easier to deal with than when she was turning ONE and I cried for a month :) Plus it's weird to think that the NEXT month we will have a newborn again!! I don't think THAT has really sunk in yet....
She is really excited about her birthday, ever since her cousin Eli's birthday party a few weeks ago. She keeps saying "It's almost Madeleine's birthday! Say, 'Happy Birthday Madeleine!'"
So I'm thinking about a party. It's probably going to be pretty simple, but should we have it at our house? Mom's house? Something music themed? Somewhere kid friendly where I don't have to clean up the mess? :) We don't have a lot of money to spend, especially since I accidently backed into my mom's car yesterday and left a dent! But that is a whole different story....
I should probably get on this! Any suggestions would be appreciated!
8 comments:
I've done Jack's kind of simple the last three years. The first two were at home. This last one we had at Pizza Hut in their party room. Just a few aunts, grandmas and grandpa and of course Cass. He loved it. He loves pizza and it wasn't too expensive. I think we might do this year's a bit different since he is in preschool now and has more little friends. The thing he is always most excited about is the cake. The first year was Elmo, then Lighting McQueen and then Spongebob last year. How exciting to be planning a cute little B-day party. I can't believe your due date is getting so close either. It will be here before you know it. When's the shower?
I vote for Chucky Cheese, just like we did when you were little!
Papa
We can't wait for M's party!!! It will be here in no time! LEt us know when it is so we can try to make it to all 3 that weekend. :-)
Now, I know she is only two, but I heard a rule I like for latter on when they want friends at their birthday. One friend per year. Who wants more than 6 6 year olds at once.
I don't have much by way of suggestions, but some sort of music-themed party sounds fun. Favourite foods and a drum cake.....I'm for a small guest-list.
Man, this is always tough since we never have extra $$ to spend but do'nt want to trash our house....so, i think cake and ice cream and drinks at either 11 am or 3 (between meals so folks don't expect mucha food) is perfect. You are about to have a baby too so take it easy! Family and close playmates only. Or if she has a lot of playmates, maybe have playgroup during the week at your ouse with cupcakes or something.
I vote for the 11 am or 3 pm time to avoid having to serve up real food ... people only come for the cake and ice cream anyways!!!
It sounds fun!
I like LifeHopes' idea.
So cool that you had a party at Chuck E Cheese when you were little!
Post a Comment