I have issues. The companies that make maternity clothes must think that tall people don't get pregnant. I am 5'9", so it's not like I'm Amazon woman or anything, but I do need "Long" or "Tall" sized pants. Well, they don't HAVE any in maternity. Seriously. I've looked. I mean you can order some, but I buy my maternity clothes off the sale racks and in regular stores there are no pants long enough for me. Anyway, I inherited 90% of my stash of maternity clothes (again with the great friends!) So I pretty much always look like I'm ready for the flood.
I'm kind of at the awkward stage. Like I NEED to wear maternity pants, but maternity shirts look ridiculous on me. So I am trying to find regular shirts that are long enough to cover the stretchy part of my pants. I have about 3 shirts long enough and they are getting a LOT of wear. When I say "awkward" stage, I mean that if people were really looking when I stand up, they might think I look a little pregnant. However when I sit down, it looks like I just have a big fat roll/spare tire. Oh so attractive, especially with my short pants.
8 comments:
Hey, this may not help you but if you get desperate...
Lane Bryant's smallest size is a 14 and their tops are extra long (because fat girls like me need the longer shirts) so maybe you can find something there. Anythign other than some basic shirts can be pricey there but if you need some tees, you can find them for about 16 bucks I think. They don't shrink either! 14 for you is big but if you have the boobage, it might work!
Beth,
I must have some things you can borrow. Let me know.
Hmm..the mental image of me, you, and Madeleine strolling through Lane Bryant, um... why is this so funny to me???
That absolutely sucks! It is hard enough to find clothes that fit! I am so sorry!
I sympathize on having a hard time finding maternity clothes. If the jeans I try on fit right in the legs, they're too small in the bottom. If they're just right in the bottom, they're too long. Figures! Old Navy sells shirts that are pretty long and don't shrink much. Steer clear of Eddie Bauer--their shirts SHRINK LIKE CRAZY. Good luck!
I agree about Lane Bryant, but it isn't the same one as the mall one. My mom gets the catalogs. I'll see if I can get one for you. I got their shirts when I was pregnant with Jack. They were cute baby doll type shirts. I got it in every color. I loved them! Plus they weren't too expensive either.
I've laughing at this post for some reason. I think it's the flood comment. At least you'll be ready if it rains really hard!
As awkward as you feel, this would be a great opportunity for some pictures. :)
Post a Comment