Thursday, November 06, 2008

Doc appointment

I had my 16 week appointment today and it went great! I had my favorite doctor. Our next door neighbor is my very favorite nurse there, and she switched me from the stupid Pill-prescribing, Obama-supporting doctor to Dr. P. (who delivered Madeleine.) It would have been a quick appointment if not for the blood draw - she measured me and listened to the baby's heartbeat. She asked how I was feeling and I told her I felt so great that sometimes I forget I'm pregnant! And that I can feel the baby move around now and she seems like an active one. When she was trying to hear her heartbeat, she kept moving away! Dr. P. was actually laughing out loud because she said she was a gymnast doing flips! She finally got her to stay still and I got to hear her heartbeat. Then we scheduled my big ultrasound.... for the day before Thanksgiving. That is less than 3 weeks away and we'll get to find out if she is REALLY a girl or if "he" was fooling us! I can't wait.
Dr. P. told me that I won't believe how much I will love this kid - she has three kids and she said when she was in labor with number two, she was thinking "What have I done to my first born?!" But then she absolutely fell in love with her daughter as soon as she saw her, and that it was even better because she got to see their relationship develop. That made me feel really good because it's really hard to imagine loving someone as much as I love Madeleine! (I know I will, but I never imagined I could love ANYONE as much as I love her!)

Then, I had to get my blood drawn. I am not a big fan. I have the worst veins ever, but after I drank two big glasses of water and told the girl to use the butterfly needle, she got me on the first stick. That never happens. I usually get stuck about six times and then get sent down to the lab to "Big Mama." You think I'm kidding.

THEN, we got to spend some time with my good friend and her adorable son Jack. Madeleine and Jack played so well together. And they are giving us their swingset! They moved to an apartment and couldn't take it, so Ken and our friend went and got it today. I love it and I know Madeleine will love it too! Thank you guys so much!!

6 comments:

Jenni said...

I know how you feel. I have always thought it was ridiculous when people would say they were worried that they wouldn't love their 2nd like their first, but now that I have Eli I completely understand. It is such an amazing love that it doesn't seem possible to feel this love again, but I know once you hold little six it will be instant love.

And I know you don't like Dr. M, but he is a great dr. He delivered Eli and I have absolutely no complaints. Also when I went in for my 6 week checkup after Eli was born the nurse asked if I need the pill and I told her no. When Dr. M came in he asked if we were doing NFP and when I said yes he said good for us and that was the end of it. I really think you should give him a second chance.

Sorry so long :-)

Kathryn said...

I fretted the entire pregnancy about Jonah, and worried for Noah. Then Jonah came into this world and he brought another piece of my heart. Each child brings me more of my heart, so once they arrive there is more than enough love for them. It took my breath away how much I loved Jonah and each one after him.
I'm glad to hear all is going well with the pregnancy! I can't wait to hear the ultrasound results!

Beth said...

Yeah, you're probably right Jenni. I saw him a few times when I was pregnant with Madeleine and he was nice enough. I didn't have a problem until he really tried to push the pill for 3 months, even after I said no. That and wearing the Obama button on his labcoat around the office, which I thought was inappropriate. But I do know he could very well end up delivering little six!

So no new cousin for Eli yet?!

Sew said...

I love it! So fantastic! I guess I am an outsider looking in! Not envious of your situation in that way, but very hopeful that I might follow in your footsteps. It makes me tear up hearing about your ultra sound because I want it so badly, and it is such a sweet testament! I SOUND PSHYCHO!!!! I feel like I am on the starting line just waiting for the gun shot to go off! :)

Aubrey said...

I'm glad you're feeling good! Madeleine will be a blessed little girl to have a sibling close to her in age. That's the best thing that ever happened to our family! Good luck!

Jen L said...

You're very welcome. I couldn't think of a better home for our swing set!