Saturday, November 15, 2008
Christmas ideas
I've been looking online for a Christmas gift for Madeleine today, mostly on craigslist. I think I want to give her one nice present that she'll use all the time, and then maybe just a few things to unwrap under the tree. My two ideas are a play kitchen or a train table. At first I was pretty set on the kitchen, and I found a really cute little retro style one with two little chairs and a little "diner table." But then I thought about how much she loves to play with the train table at Barnes and Nobles. So I looked on craigslist and there are 3 or 4 really cute ones that come with a bunch of trains and accessories. One of them is even right in our town and has the train tracks already glued down to the table - in excellent condition. It has trees, tunnels, accessories, a whole little town. It's the right price too. We do have a living room that we hardly ever use, except the computer is in there and two couches. It is right off the kitchen. So the table could go in front of the couch. I'm not sure which one she would enjoy more, and get to use more. I know all her friends would love to play the the trains too.... I'm not sure. What does everyone think? Any other ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
What is it with girls and trains? Mary loves trains, she even says choo train when she sees just the tracks.
I'd go with trains. Step 2 also has a super cute train table, but I think Merrin's big gift is going to be a climber or folding slide for indoors.
They both sound great. I would go with whichever one she is the most into. Isabella's getting a play kitchen, she's obsessed with "cooking".
First of all I want to say you are SO cool! I just love the fact that you are looking on craigs list for that kind of thing! It urks my last nerve when I hear parents say their kids have to have blah, blah, blah. It kills me! :) So kudos for that! I say train set that sounds so awesome!
BTW-We have to wait 3 months to conceive. :( I hope we can wait that long! I mean I might get antsy come 2 months. I might not be able to contain myself. But DH plays it by the rules! :)
Oh and I have to say THANK YOU for turning off the password on your blog for us to post! You are even cooler in my book for that as well! That irks me too! But I swear I am not high maintenance!!! :)
Hey - I vote for the train since she is already showing an interest. She has her whole life to cook! LOL I bet next Christmas she is more into cooking.
I try when I can to get used stuff in good condition for gifts - and my kids don't care. If they want play mobile for instance - they don't care if it came direct from the store - its all the same once it's out of the box and typically you get a WHOLE lot more in box of used than you could ever get for that price new from the store! They are very aware of that fact as well.
I can't wait to pics of her playing with it Christmas morning! Best jump on it - before someone else snaps it up!
Blessings
Christi
Hi there. My Angelica got a play kitchen for her 2nd birthday from an aunt and LOVES it...she "makes" me things all day long and now her younger sister plays with her...really the only place the two of them will acutally play together right now!!
But I agree, if she seems more interested in trains...go for that, sounds like a great deal!
I love Craigs List....got my Medela pump there for only 40 bucks!!
Ooops! I left my comment while Anna was signed in - on my computer at least! Sorry for the confusion! Still voting for the train though!
Blessings (again)
Christi - under the right blog name this time!
I would do the train table this year and save the kitchen for next year's idea! We have both and love them, but the train table is definitely more for the younger ones.
I think a little girl would love either one! I know I would.
I say a train table. I know of a little boy that is getting a play kitchen and would love to have play-dates! He loves to cook and pretend to do dishes. I took me forever to find one that wasn't pink. My man wasn't trilled with the idea to begin with and said only if it was "boy" colors! Men!
Oh my goodness I LOVE the thought of playing with M and a train!
a pengu.
The only thing I'd be concerned about is how many small or losable parts are on the train table - not that I'd be worried about Madeleine, just the littlER fingers you'll have out and about soon. :)
Post a Comment