Friday, November 14, 2008

Lack of privacy

Subtitled: Will I ever go to the bathroom by myself again?

Every time I go (quite often these days,) she wants to "come" (in quotes because that's what she yells when I say I'm going) and runs toward the bathroom. She sits on her little potty, and gives me a play by play commentary on what I'm doing. "Mama go pee pee in potty! Mama wipe! Mama flush! Mama close potty! Mama wash hands!" Nice. She's doing great on the potty today though!

We had a much better night last night. That vaporizer really helped I think. Although this morning she woke up with a fro! It was pretty cute. She still has a stuffy nose but I think she's getting better. We made some pumpkin bread and it's in the oven right now - the house smells delicious! She loved helping me pour the ingredients in, mix, and taste the "cake batter." (She calls it "cake." It might as well be cake, it has 3 cups of sugar and a cup of oil and it makes two loaves! It sure is delicious, though!

7 comments:

LauraSuz said...

Glad she's feeling better!

Your post made me realize I have no idea what to do when a little baby gets sick. I should probably learn this stuff before March comes. I have a feeling most of this is learned through life's trial and error though. But, I should know SOMETHING! :)

Angela said...

I'm glad she's feeling better!

I could have written the exact same thing about the bathroom issue, what's the obsession?! :)

bren j. said...

Super! It's good to hear she's well enough to chase you around, Beth!

As for the sugar....ah, it's spread across two loaves so that's really not so bad. Usually, you can cut back on the sugar by at LEAST a 1/4 to 1/3 and you could try using half applesauce instead of 1/2 the oil - mmmm...VIRTUOUS pumpkin bread. ;)

Megan said...

Sometimes I end up going to the bathroom with a baby and dog in there with me!

Jenni said...

I often have three and everyone asking for something different. Do they not see me sitting on the toilet.

Meredith said...

Did you get a picture of the fro? :)

Along with my bathroom commentator, I often am holding the other one. Might as well tie both hands behind my back!

bren j. said...

All fixed - see new post. :)