Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Today I got to do something I haven't done in almost 21 months.... go shopping kid-free! My mom and I hit the Black Friday sales this morning and Madeleine stayed with her daddy. They had a great time - he took her to Barnes and Nobles and they read books, had a bagel, and played with the trains. Then they went to Arbys for lunch and he put her down for her nap. My mom and I hit two malls and some more stores, then mom bought me lunch at Subway. We got a few presents for people on our list, and several more ideas. I felt like we got a lot accomplished since we didn't have to drag the stroller out at every stop! :) And Ken is such a great dad I didn't worry one bit. I can probably count the times on one hand I have left her for 6 hours in her life!

My mom and I checked out some boy clothes at a few stores - SO cute. And I hit my favorite yarn store and bought some brick red super soft alpaca yarn and started on his very first V-neck sweater vest :) Speaking of that, I'm going to go work on it.

9 comments:

Becky said...

Your so brave, i did not go shopping at all, and i got asked by a bunch of family members!

I just saw you're having a Boy, yeah!!!! Good for you guys!

FloridaWife said...

OH MY GOSH. I have GOT to see that sweater vest when you are done with it!

Sew said...

I agree with Fl Wife-You must show your sweater vest!!!! I started to knit, but I couldn't get comfortable. :) Does that make sense? I didn't push through the uncomfortableness of the beginnings of knitting. Is crocheting more comfortable than pearling?

Kathryn said...

I can't wait to see a pic of the yarn or completed project!
I just finished the 1st of 9 scarfs I'm working on.
So, did you make those yeast rolls?

Jenni said...

I love sweater vests on boys!!!! Eli is wearing one right now!!!!

Beth said...

Don't worry, I'll show a picture. I have about 1/2 of the back done so far. Sew, you should give it another shot! Once you get it, you get it and you can watch tv and do it at the same time (that's what I do - like right now Ken is watching the pacers)

I do know how to crochet too - I learned that first. It's easy too. Knitting is more versatile though - I think.

Kathryn, I did not try the yeast rolls yet! My mom made some for Thanksgiving though. M probably wouldn't be able to eat the because of the milk powder.

Sew said...

Yes, I think its something you have to work though! :) I want to because I want to buy all of the pretty yarn! Like I need another obsession! :) I would love to make sweaters to!

I can handle getting my period in a month. I think that way I might be more healed. I am also anticipating getting pregnant right out of the shoot!

Aubrey said...

Well, hands-free, maybe but you did have one cute little boy along for your shopping trip, no? :)

bren j. said...

Oh boy that vest is going to be cute. Can't wait to see it ON. :)