Sunday, November 30, 2008

Boy names

As you can probably imagine, we've been discussing boy names ALL weekend. It's really fun - I seriously had never even LOOKED at the boys section of our baby name books. So we are open to suggestions. Here are my requirements:

His middle name is Landon after Ken's dad, so the first name has to be a saint.

It has to go with our last name, which is the difficult part. Unfortunately we can't use Max or Jack or Zack or Luke, etc....

And of course it has to go well with Father - I'm not gonna lie, I'd be THRILLED if he was called to be a priest :)

So what have you got??

21 comments:

Anna said...

Oooh this is fun! I love thinking of names!! I love the name Anthony, after Saint Anthony, of course. Some couple other names that I thought sounded good with Landon are Charles, Francis, and Theodore. I have to tell you that I've ALWAYS loved the name Landon!!

Some other name ideas are:

Aaron, Alexander, Ambrose, Andrew, Carl, Damian, Dominic, Daniel, David, Gabriel, James, Michael, Raphael.

I have SO MANY more, and some really unique (or as my mother would say, ridiculous!) names, but I'll just leave it at that!! ;)

xoxo

Hilary said...

I love the name Landon! Here are my suggestions for a first name (all saints): Adrian, Andrew, Benjamin, Brice, Chad, Christopher, Colin, Dominic, Elias, Gabriel, Gregory, Henry, Isaac, Jacob, Joel, Julian, Matthew, Nathaniel, Oliver, Owen, Roman, Thomas, William

In case you want more suggestions, Yahoo Answers has a baby name section where you can post a question asking for help on baby names and users can respond with suggestions.

Aubrey said...

Since you asked...I've always loved the name Joseph. Our boys are named Noah Samuel and Isaiah Joseph. Good luck!

Ouiz said...

No... no Michael, or you'll be whistling the theme song to Little House on the Prairie every time you pick up the baby! *grin*

I like Andrew, Christopher, Gabriel, Isaac, Joseph, Thomas, and William... just to name a few...

Anne said...

Came across you blog and thought I'd leave a comment. Congratulations. So when are you due? As for a name, what about Michael Landon...

Kathryn said...

I'm loving Ambrose Landon, but thats just me.
When you hit on the right one, you'll just know it! We had that experience every time...one name stands out and just IS the name. I'm SO excited for you!

Sew said...

How exciting! Father! Father! Father! Such a sweet sound! :)

Veronica said...

Beth,
I think just about ANY boy name sounds good with "Father.."
And there are so many good choices out there! May I personally recommend Matthew or Andrew..both my brothers' middle names and some of my very favorites, but already used in our family!
We have.. Joseph Paul, Harrison Blase (named after the Harris surname in my family), Dominic Xavier, and Leo Maximilian. Just to get your name ideas flowing! :)

Anonymous said...

Nicholas, Christopher, Nathaniel, Jeremiah, Elijah, Thomas, William, Gabriel, Matthew, James, Andrew, David, Michael, Isaac, Samuel, Noah, Jacob, Connor, Theodore, Adam, Daniel, Kevin, Charles

Beth said...

Wow you guys are all great!! I will say our number one choice is on here somewhere... :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. I guess I'll thow in some of my names too. How about Benedict or Gregory? Any name you choose will be perfect!! He's a lucky little boy. Hope to see you at rosary!

Anonymous said...

Madeline is so cute! :) I have been following your blog for a long time but I have never really known what to comment. (My mom is mum2twelve.) I love the name Tarcisius, Do you think Joseph sounds good with Landon? Fr. Joseph Landon..... I dunno. But I agree, It is SUPER fun to think of names! (I just have to be careful not to get carried away.) :P There is Jonathan, Emanuel, Simon, Jeffrey, Thats Bout it though, there is already most of the best names on here!
P.S.
CONGRATS!

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

Wow!!! I haven't been around in a while, and am just THRILLED to hear your news!!! Congrats on a little boy!

As for names...
I like a lot of the suggestions so far. I tend to go more mainstream with the boys' names, and especially with a great middle name like Landon, I think you'd do well with a more common 1st name. My faves are Matthew, Mark, James, Christopher, and Peter.

Congrats again!

Jen L said...

I am sure whatever you pick will be perfect for the little man!

Jenni said...

Hey, I saw Dominic a couple time ;)

FloridaWife said...

Michael Landon! Michael Landon!

No, just kidding.

Raphael!!

Actually, for YOU, I think Anthony would be beautiful. And it goes well with Father too.

Bethany G. said...

Oooh! Anthony is a good one! Just make sure he's not called tony.

FloridaWife said...

My brother in law is Anthony and EVERYONE calls him "Anthony." If you do it right, they won't call him Tony.

bren j. said...

I haven't got much except you can try this blog: http://swistlebabynames.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Here is a good one Beth!!!
Xavier Landon Pack (Father Xavier)
Whatcha think?

Anonymous said...

Xavier Landon Pack (Father Xavier)How bout that Beth? Talk about a good one!!!!