Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Feast day, St. Anthony

Most of you probably know my St. Anthony story, but since it's his feast day, I'll tell it again.

Two years ago in early June, after trying to conceive for 2 years with no luck, Ken suggested that we pray a novena to St. Anthony. St. Anthony? I thought that was kind of random but he had found the novena online and printed it out so of course I agreed! We started it and prayed specifically that God would give us a child. On the last day of the novena, I was listening to Catholic radio and they mentioned it was St. Anthony's feast day. What?! No coincidences, my friends. Two weeks later I took my first ever positive pregnancy test. And you know the rest of the story.

So THANK YOU for your prayers, St. Anthony. And happy feast day!

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love this story and never would tire of hearing it!

Barb said...

Awesome story...God is good!
Hope you're having a blessed weekend..

Angela said...

That is a great story!

I love St. Anthony, he has helped me find many lost things!

Soutenus said...

I am so glad I happened by your blog!
I, too, asked St Anthony to help me. I thought maybe he could help me find fertility -- he helps me find so many other things!
My husband and I had been hoping to conceive for YEARS!!!!! I found out I was pregnant just a couple of weeks after asking St Anthony to help.

Blessings!

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

I love that :) I had every intention of praying a Novena to him this past Feast Day... but alas, it came and went and something came up and I didn't get it started in time. He has always been my mother's and grandmother's patron Saint. I know him to be very powerful in intercessions (and of course, you do too!)

I have done Novenas to St. Gerard, St. Therese, and St. Anne. I've been to Eucharistic Adorations. I'm at my wits end, I think maybe God wants me to change how I pray. Maybe I'm not supposed to pray for a baby(??) Who knows. But I'm so glad that it worked for you... your daughter is just precious.