Today we got a free sandbox in the shape of a big crab. Then I went to Lowes and got 250 lbs of sand to put in it. I think we lost about 25 lbs on the way home in the van. Too bad we couldn't try it out today - it's been thunderstorming all day!
I made her Cinnamon French toast for breakfast yesterday, and Banana Pancakes today. She loved both of them and ate like a little piglet! I am getting good at Milk free baking! And she can have eggs! Yay!
I forgot to mention that the other day at Borders I got a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie and without thinking gave Madeleine a bite. Pretty much immediately she started scratching her neck and it looked like she had a little rash or hives or something. I got a little nervous and pretty much stripped her down right there in the cafe to see if it was spreading. She was ok and I gave her some benadryl when we got home. So I told the doctor about this and he said that we should keep her away from all nuts and any further exposure could be worse, so we are getting an Epi Pen Junior tomorrow. The rash might not have been from the cookie, but we're getting one just in case because she's shown a propensity for food allergies. Poor thing. It makes me nervous and I hope this epi pen thing comes with directions, because I have no idea how to use it. And I REALLY hope she doesn't have a nut allergy. That will make her life hard (and make me worry a lot.)
Anyway, we're going to a birthday party tonight! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
2 comments:
Good grief! That's scary! I'm glad it was nothing more serious at the time. Here's hoping you'll never have to use that Epi-Pen!
I have an epi pen jr. for my kiddos as well. Isaac once had a reaction to nuts or so we thought, it was to something and it frightened us. It has never happened again though...even while eating nuts. I unfortunatly seem to be finding new allergies all the time for me. So we keep an epi pen where the kids can get it incase I get stung, in the purse, in the diaper bag, and in the van in a first aid kit. Those things are handy, but what is even handier is keeping benadryl on hand at all times...sometimes it prevents needing the epi pen and a trip to the hospital!
Post a Comment