Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Our breakfast

Today I did something that I've never done.. cooked pancakes and let Madeleine eat breakfast in her jammies! It was great, we didn't even finish until 9:30! We are usually out the door by 8am. I actually made Banana Pancakes - milk and egg free - and they were absolutely delicious. We made so many that we called my mom - Grandma - and asked her to come eat with us and she did!
It was a big hit!
Ooh, Mama gave me a whole one?!
Delicious!
I'm ready for number two, Mom!
In case you're interested:
Banana Pecan Pancakes (without the pecans)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I used some wheat flour in there)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
pinch of cinnamon
2 well mashed ripe bananas
1 1/2 cup soy milk plus 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar - mix and let sit for a few minutes
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup pecans, chopped (I omitted this)
Mix dry ingredients together. In seperate bowl, mash bananas well and mix with soy milk, vanilla and oil until smooth. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix but do not overmix. A few lumps are ok. Fold in pecans, if using.
Cook like regular pancakes and serve with sliced banana and maple syrup. YUM!! This recipe made about 15 small pancakes. This is definitely going to be in the regular rotation of recipes!
The rest of the day was great too. We went shoe shopping again and tried on pedipeds and robeez in the next size up from what she's in now. They were both HUGE on her. I think we're going to have to wait a month or so to buy her shoes, and see if she's walking by then before I make this decision. We went to Starbucks and had lunch there. She took a great nap and I made her some healthy carrot cranberry muffins, which she loved. I made a delicious dinner of meatloaf, baked sweet potatoes and roasted broccoli with garlic, and had it ready when Ken got home - yay! Madeleine absolutely loved dinner. I guess beef is the only meat she likes so far!
Off to watch American Idol! Good night! And try those pancakes tomorrow - they are SO GOOD!

9 comments:

Megan said...

Looks yummy! Lets try for a walk next week in the morning. I'll call you soon. Have a fun day with your family!

Beck said...

I love mornings like that, these perfect relaxed golden times.

Kathryn said...

What a wonderful morning, her pics are so sweet!

Angela said...

Those pancakes sound great!

And in response to your shoe question, here's my two cents - I really like the Circo brand shoes from Target. They have a nice flexible sole, they seem comfortable, they are SO cute, and quite reasonable (about $10 - $12).

bren j. said...

Those pancakes DO look yummy and heavens, NO! I'm not pregnant...unless you know something I don't know. :)

Brenda said...

Those look great. Maybe M would eat banana that way. I vote that Beth is the next one to get pregnant, then Bren J, then me. Everyone agree?

Brenda said...

Oh, Angela after Beth too.

Beth said...

Oh my goodness!!

I think Lifehopes first, then Brenda, then Angela, then me, then Bren (cause her baby is the youngest!)

But these all happen within 2 months of each other :)

So get ready, ladies!!

Angela said...

You guys are funny! Our babies ARE getting older, maybe we will all have our next ones around the same time, you never know! :)