This weekend we went down to visit some friends in Louisville. We had such a great time! They are so thoughtful - they bought fresh flowers for our room, and had water, gum and candy in a bowl by our bed. They also put their OWN very nice pillows on our bed - they were seriously the best pillows I've ever slept on :)They took us to a park for a bike ride and Ken and I realized JUST how out of shape we are!! We need to work on that. Then they cooked us a delicious meal of steak, baked potatoes and salad - with some great wine.
The church we went to on Sunday was so beautiful, and the brunch restaurant was delicious too. I only wish we could have stayed longer (and that Madeleine would have slept a little better!)
Thank you so much again for a GREAT weekend!
Today was just fantastic. I got a ton of stuff done around the house, went shopping for shoes for Madeleine, and took 2 great walks on the Monon trail. It was a beautiful day so I kept the windows open all day. I am loving this vacation so far.
Speaking of shoes, does anyone have any favorites for a one year old? I went to Stride Rite and they tried to tell me she needed these "walker" shoes with a huge rubber piece on the toes so she could still crawl. She tried them on and couldn't even stand up in them, they seemed so cumbersome on her. So then the guy (who was like 12 - why wasn't he in school?) said that MAYBE she wasn't ready for those. Um, yeah. She wears Robeez all the time, but she is outgrowing them. She doesn't walk yet, crawls everywhere, but is standing up and cruising, so I know it will be soon. I also had a pair of Pedipeds that she's outgrown. I like those too. I want to get her a pair that she can wear pretty much every day all spring and summer, and she'll probably be learning to walk in these next months. These shoes are so expensive so I want one that will last for a while. Any suggestions?
7 comments:
I would just get a good pair of shoes with a nice firm sole. Try Keds. That's what we got for Maggie to walk in! She can still crawl in them too!
You want softer flexible soles. Pedipeds and Robeez now have toddler lines. Also I like See Kai Run. They're all expensive! You want to keep them barefoot as much as possible anyway as they're learning to walk because their little toes grip the floor and that's how they balance. Once she's really walking and outside a lot, then worry about getting sturdier soles. Merrin just got some Crocs she's very proud of!
CROCS!! That's all that Quinn really wears and they are easy on and off. There is an outlet store at Edinburgh Outlet Mall so they are a lot cheaper.
We use stride rites for Mary. She loves them and walks well with them. They don't have the rubber on the toes so they get scuffed.
We had such a great time with you guys, too!!!
Thanks so much for coming to see us!!!
That sounds like a WONDERFUL weekend!
Good luck on the shoe hunting. The Baby found her Robeez from when she actually WAS a baby and was admiring them - I wish they made them in bigger sizes.
The LG is on the verge of outgrowing her first Pedipeds which I LOVE! She's got Robeez also and I really like those. A friend of mine, her daughter wore Robeez at least until she was three and did just fine - running, climbing and all that.
Post a Comment