When you think someone is surely going to find you dead on the bathroom floor? That's pretty much how I felt all day yesterday. This flu thing is just SO FUN. And I had Madeleine and Ava at my house most of the day. Thank God my mom came over for a little while - she fed them both lunch and played with them for about an hour. Then Ava's mom came to get her around 3, and Madeleine slept till 4 - unusual but very much appreciated! Ava has it now - so I am here at work for the morning and her mom is coming home in the afternoon. I feel a little better, but just very weak from not eating yesterday and everything else!
I do feel somewhat rested, since I went to bed at 7:15 last night and only had to wake up twice with Madeleine. Speaking of waking up twice... she is almost 1. SURELY she'll sleep through the night soon. Right?
9 comments:
Oh Beth, I was worried you may have caught it. I hope your strength returns quickly and thank goodness for your Mom coming to help!
Try to get more rest tonight and as far as sleeping through the night, sometime after a year is reasonable to expect sleeping through the night, but there are always occasional nights that they just won't sleep and keep waking up. My oldest is 15 and he still hasn't outgrown that!
I hope this flu leaves your life soon!! Isaac is now starting to feel better, after 1.5 weeks. Ugh! (and, just in case she doesn't sleep through the night after a year...don't feel bad...our almost three-year-old still awakens most nights, last night put a blanket on me and obeyed me when I told him to go back to his room after that!)
It has been SUCH a rough winter, hasn't it? We've all been so sick!
I hope that you and your family are ALL BETTER soon.
Sorry you guys are so sick. I had the same thought today while napping with Maggie that if i DIED no one would know until Che got home and Maggie would be screaming and trying to nurse on me! We arEN"Nt NEARLY SO SICK as you, just sinus ickiness.
Oh man! Boo for the flu! I really hope you're feeling better soon...and that you start getting even more sleep.
Speaking of, why do people keep telling us that our children will grow out of waking up at night? I keep waiting for it to happen and no dice! And then I read stories about a friend's kid randomly waking up in the night (aged TWO) for no other reason than to come and ask to be put back to bed? Does the only real sleep we'll ever know again have to wait until the retirement home??
OH Beth, I'm so sorry!
We've had the flu here too, but we got tamiflu and so it's less "ooky."
Prayers for a good night sleep for you and Madeleine both!
(none of my kids... with the exception of Marie... willingly slept through the night. We usually have a "showdown night" when they are about 10 mths old or so, and then things get better. None of them, other than my newborn, wake us up now... so it will get better soon! Sleep *is* on the way!)
:(
I'm sorry, Beth.
Feel better.
Sorry to hear about it spreading, that darn flu! I hope you are all better soon!
Thank you for blogging :) Keep up the good work :) God Bless you :)
Post a Comment