Saturday, February 09, 2008

Left to Tell

Has everyone read Left to Tell? Read it - it will change your life. It is just incredible. I read it in two sittings. I could not put it down. I really can't imagine going through what she went through, and coming out of the experience with such an amazing faith and love. And it reminds me that I have absolutely nothing to complain about.

Next weekend, Immaculee Ilibagiza is coming to our church to speak, and this week I got some tickets! I am so excited to see her. I really hope Madeleine behaves, and I hope I get to meet her!

http://www.lefttotell.com/

Next weekend is also Destination Jesus. I'm not really helping with anything this year, but Ken is playing in the band so I'm sure I'll go hang out and go to Mass. Immaculee is going to speak and lead the rosary there too.

I'm too tired to blog - goodnight!

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Thanks for the book tip, I havn't even heard of it.
I hope you get some rest and feel all energized and ready to tackle the week ahead. Our first week of Lent was rough, but I have high hopes for the rest!

LifeHopes said...

Yes I have read it - Oh my! Wow I agree - it totally changed my life. Actually, P and I listened to it on a "book on tape" one 7 hour trip. It is hard to drive down the interstate through all those tears!

What a real witness of Christ's strength and love.

Veronica said...

I hadn't heard of it either but it sounds worth reading!

Ouiz said...

If you get a chance to meet her, please tell her how much her story meant to me!