Last night we went out with Chris and Sarah for sushi. (In case anyone was worried about my poor little nursing, possibly allergic baby, I did not have any shellfish or raw fish, I had delicious fillet mignon teriyaki!)
Anyway, we were sitting at the table waiting for our food to come. Madeleine was sitting in a high chair for the very first time. (She didn't do so well - kept sliding to one side or the other, but it was ok.) I was feeding her peas and brown rice, giving her toys, etc. Of course then I had to nurse her but I used the hooter hider! An older couple kept looking over and smiling at her. They left about an hour later, passed by us, and the man said, "You have a beautiful baby." I started to say "Thank you," when he said, "You're a good mama." That made my day.
4 comments:
That's the greatest compliment of all.
(I've never gotten that particular one.)
;)
That IS a lovely compliment.
Awwww, that's sweet. You are a good mama! I know you've been struggling and I think about you all the time. Michelle said she passed on some Dr. Sears info and I consider him my Baby Bible writer:) He has a whole new book comeing out about vaccines too. We haven't vaccinated Maggie and will do so selectively later on. But sometimes getting too much information from others makes it worse. I did that a lot at first. I was constantly looking for people, even strangers, to justify my choices for me and tell me what to do. I had no clue. But in the end, I've just gone with what feels right and I know you will too. Who knew so many decisions would need to be made! But you are a good mama, Beth. I can tell. The fact you did Bradley method is a sure sign that you wanted the very best for M!
It kinda makes you glow inside doesn't it~
Post a Comment