Finally the kid rolled! And I missed it!
I laid her on the ground on her back and went into the laundry room to fold diapers. When I came back she was on her tummy!
Speaking of diapers, I PROMISE I'll post about it this weekend.
And Nick, you finally commented! I missed you! How have you been?
In case you were wondering, Nick is my favorite cousin. He's almost exactly one month younger than me and I always had a great time with him growing up.
Some great "Nick Memories:"
Spending the night at his house with the 4 boys. His family was so much fun that is one of the reasons I want to have a big family. They were always coming up with something fun to do. (They had a little girl several years after the last boy - and Nick and I are her Godparents!)
When Uncle Bobby took us all to play tennis. I won't elaborate, but that story still comes up at every family get together.
Playing "booty" in the tennis courts.
Playing video games when we brought Skipper down to Alabama. Blake, Jordan and Maggie were eating grapes out of a bowl on the coffee table. Whenever they'd get up, Skipper would jump up there and eat a few, then jump down before they noticed.
When we entered the neighborhood basketball tournament and WON the whole thing - the grand prize was super soakers and we had a great time with those too.
Our Rhode Island trips - Georgetown and playing basketball every night. Going to the beach when Christy "dove" into the ocean in slow motion as the wave was going out and she landed on the sand. Then she acted like she meant to do it and rolled over just as the new wave crashed down on her head! Walking down to the beach with just the "kids."
Always playing football in your backyard and Nick you would always include us in your "plays" even though you guys were way better than us!
How Michael would never let you and me be on the same team! :)
Playing cards all the time - slapjack, rummy, poker, etc.
Going camping with you guys.
Hope you are doing great, Nick! We'll be down there for "Thanksgivin'."
4 comments:
Yaaaay!
:)
Now, tell me how exciting it is to change diapers.
You thought you had poo problems before...
I loved reading your memories! BTW, I think your totally fooling us that a post about cloth diapers is ever coming...I don't believe you anymore *wink*
Kathryn
Ahh… I know I haven’t been commenting in a long time, but I read all your posts. I have my news reader subscribed to your Atom feed, so as soon as you post it, I know it’s there.
I loved reading the memories; I smiled several times while reading through them… oh how the times were simpler. Here are some more:
1) In that same summer we won the basketball tournament, we used to practice against those mean kids down the street. For some reason, we thought it would be a great idea to make an entrance one day by throwing smoke bombs in someone’s yard and walking out of the smoke… that did not go over well with Ron and Peggy.
2) IM TELLING ON YOOOOUUUUUUU! (one day, we have to talk Mike into yelling that for us)
3) That time we figured out the Skipper, as nice of a dog as he is, couldn’t tell the difference between a real dog and a dog printed on a poster.
4) I would like to note that Booty Ball was completely made up by us and some kids in my neighborhood. But here is the neat part; kids in that neighborhood still play it. Neat huh? We made that game up like 15 years ago!
5) What about the time we bought fake poop and fart spray, then we went into Sears, laid the poop in the middle of the floor, sprayed sooo much fart spray and then watched from afar while people were surprised to see someone had relieved themselves in Sears. Awesome.
6) Spoons.
Hmm… I’m sure more will come to me soon. I loved this post!
Lol Nick! And remember in Spoons when we'd already have all the spoons off the table and Michael or Eddie wouldn't know it, so we'd all just keep passing the cards around the table until they figured it out :)
Yeah and Grandma wasn't very happy about the poop in Sears!
And Skipper hasn't gotten ANY smarter since then!
Remember we took pictures of ourselves with the smoke bombs - I wonder if anyone still has those?
Post a Comment