Monday, June 04, 2007

Madeleine laughs!

The angel who watches says "Hey look at that!"

Grace made Madeleine laugh for the first time today! I had never even tried to make her laugh before, because I did not think babies laughed this early (she'll be 3 months old tomorrow.) But today, Grace was playing piano and I started clapping after she finished her song. She came over and started clapping Madeleine's hands and she just started cracking up! It was the sweetest little laugh I ever heard. I may have cried a little :)
Then we called my mom so she could hear, and she did it several more times today. Yay!!

She also slept in her crib from 7:30 to 1:30 last night. What a good baby.

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Oh, the laughter of babies is so wonderful. I never get tired of that beautiful sound!!! WIsh I could bottle it up!

Kathryn

nicole said...

Yea for her! And you! I'm so glad to hear things are back on track and more positive. :)

Cathy said...

It's like music, no?
ME laughs a lot, but only Joe can make her collapse into giggles like a fool just by looking at her.
The other day during Mass, I actually had to say, "Will you please stop looking at her?"

Kristen Laurence said...

Wonderful! How I miss the laugh of an infant - so sweet!

mum2twelve said...

YOU ARE a GREAT MUM! :-) But I wish you were near by too - so I could have a few baby cuddles, and enjoy a cuppa tea with you.

AND we would have lots of other willing hands to cuddle little Madeleine.

Another son goes in for an EKG and xrays next week., probably nothing but thats what we thought with Miguel so... keep him in your prayers please.

Tomorrow we leave for Ohio on a business trip.
YIKES thundering clouds over head, better go!

Blessings to all of you and a tickle under Madeleine's chin from me, eh?

PS - had skin problems like your with babies. Ran all clothes through the washer twice, once to wash and rinse and then a second round just to rinse. That helped immensely. No softener in the water or dryer and only white vinegar as my whitener when needed. Good Luck - oh had to the dairy thing too - different kid, different symptoms. But it worked!

Blessings
Christi aka mum2twelve