OK, I'm crying here... that song always gets to me, and when it's combined with wonderful pictures, it will push me over the top.
Is that OLMC? Good grief, it doesn't even LOOK like the same church!
Oh... different subject, but I read your post on homeschooling vs. parochial school... and if I had the option you did, I'd run with it!!! (why didn't they offer this when *I* lived with OLMC in my backyard??? Seriously... from my house on Adios Ct, I could see it from our back porch...) Dang.
Anyway, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and may you have 100 more!
It was 415... grey colonial/salt box type. We *used* to be the last ones in the neighborhood. All around was meadow. The hot air balloons used to land right across the little creek.
My parents had that house built, so next time you drive by, wave to my old house!
It would have been cool if I still lived there... would've had a Catholic friend in the neighborhood, AND a great parish to boot!
There was NO ONE else on our street when we lived there. We had the cul-de-sac all to ourselves. (we moved in 1985).
And WHAT IS UP with the Gather "hymnal"? Don't get me started on the inclusive language! (or the "Chiquita Banana Hallelujah" which, tragically, is my children's favorite... "Halle, halle, halle, looo hoo yah!")
Too sad. Too sad.
As for homeschooling -- I know some who feel that if it's right for their family, it must be right for EVERYBODY. I don't agree. The Lord gives the right kids to the right parents, and those parents seek to do what's best for their children education-wise. If I had a parochial school in a traditional parish 5 minutes from my house that was run by the Nashville Dominicans and was paid for solely with our tithe I would most definitely give it a go! I kinda think you'd be crazy NOT to! *grin*
9 comments:
Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful bride you were...wow! That brings tears, even to someone who doesn't know you. :) Hope it's a lovely day.
Awww, crap, I'm all teary-eyed.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, YOU TWO!!
:)
Happy Anniversary! What a great video, I love it!
Kathryn
Happy Anniversary Beth and Ken! What a beautiful family.
Happy Anniversary! I know I'm late to the party, but I hope it was a great one. What a beautiful video.
OK, I'm crying here... that song always gets to me, and when it's combined with wonderful pictures, it will push me over the top.
Is that OLMC? Good grief, it doesn't even LOOK like the same church!
Oh... different subject, but I read your post on homeschooling vs. parochial school... and if I had the option you did, I'd run with it!!! (why didn't they offer this when *I* lived with OLMC in my backyard??? Seriously... from my house on Adios Ct, I could see it from our back porch...) Dang.
Anyway, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and may you have 100 more!
[responding to a comment on my blog]
It was 415... grey colonial/salt box type. We *used* to be the last ones in the neighborhood. All around was meadow. The hot air balloons used to land right across the little creek.
My parents had that house built, so next time you drive by, wave to my old house!
It would have been cool if I still lived there... would've had a Catholic friend in the neighborhood, AND a great parish to boot!
[again, responding to a comment on my blog]
There was NO ONE else on our street when we lived there. We had the cul-de-sac all to ourselves. (we moved in 1985).
And WHAT IS UP with the Gather "hymnal"? Don't get me started on the inclusive language! (or the "Chiquita Banana Hallelujah" which, tragically, is my children's favorite... "Halle, halle, halle, looo hoo yah!")
Too sad. Too sad.
As for homeschooling -- I know some who feel that if it's right for their family, it must be right for EVERYBODY. I don't agree. The Lord gives the right kids to the right parents, and those parents seek to do what's best for their children education-wise. If I had a parochial school in a traditional parish 5 minutes from my house that was run by the Nashville Dominicans and was paid for solely with our tithe I would most definitely give it a go! I kinda think you'd be crazy NOT to! *grin*
Have a great day!
Happy belated anniversary to you both! What a beautiful montage!
Post a Comment