Wednesday, June 27, 2007

First Swim





Madeleine went swimming for the very first time today! She looked so cute in her little orange tie dye bikini. She really loved the water. The fresh air, swimming and sunshine must have worn her out though, because she was completely out in the two minute drive from mom's house. She is taking a good nap now, and she has her very first "real" picture session this afternoon at Olan Mills.
Has anyone else noticed that her left thumb is ALWAYS in her mouth?!
And I actually got some time in the sun, because Mom held her in the shade for a while. I definitely need some sun! I think someone should invent sunscreen that is safe on a baby. I'd buy it.

7 comments:

Anne said...

Beth, looks like vacation is suiting you two just fine! Good! Enjoy every minutes of it!

I'm looking forward to your post on cloth diapers...if we had a w/d I'd definitley give them a try!

Finally...I forget what my last comment was going to be...oh yeah, reading your posts is very comforting to me b/c I realize that Charles is going to continue to grow up and we're going to continue to get to know one another and life is only going to get smoother each day! So thanks!

Cathy said...

Oh, she's so adorable.
Ya know, we use Banana Boat kids sunscreen and that seems to work fine on Mary.
;)

Phil Halpin said...

California Baby would be safe for her sensitive skin, Beth. The completely unscented, hypoallergenic one they make...check Wild Oats.

Beth said...

Really? Her doctor said not to use sunscreen until they're 6 months old.

Phil Halpin said...

Well, they say not to use sunscreen on an infant under 6 months, but that's because they don't want parents exposing babies that young to too much sun, sunscreen or not. The skin is just very thin and easily damaged at that age. But if you need to use a sunscreen ocassionally, you can. Try here...

http://californiababy.com/no-fragrance-spf-30-sunscreen-lotion-2-9-oz.html

for the California Baby Super Sensitive sunscreen. They have other ones, too, but their Super Sensitive line may work for her. It's safe for those on the Feingold diet and under homeopathic treatment, so I know it's clean. But with all Madeleine's sensitivities, you never know. She may react even to this.

Kathryn said...

What great pics, I love her suit!! I can't wait to take Benjamin swimming, he needs a little more fat on him before I get him in that cold water though!

Kathryn

Kristen Laurence said...

Too cute in that swimsuit!