We had a great Mother's day. On Saturday we met Ken's mom and dad for breakfast, then had a cookout at my parents' house in the afternoon. Mom and Dad got me a Willow Tree statue called "Child of my Heart," it's a mother holding a baby. It is beautiful! Ken stayed with Madeleine for the first time ever by himself and I went and got a pedicure. That was some nice pampering but I sure missed my baby for that hour!! That is the longest I've ever been away from her.
Sarah Bauer (go to her site on my sidebar) has a new album coming out in June called Radiance. We got to hear it early - yay! Here's a quote from my favorite song:
"Daily chores, so mundane, where was all the meaning? Diapers, clean clothes put away, wondering while she's feeding. Future leader in her arms, she'll keep him safe from harm. Do these small things mean a thing? Rock him gently, hear her sing, 'Take my ordinary, like water into wine. Create extraordinary, transform this life of mine. These gifts are Yours, use them for Your glory. Take me, make me extraordinary.'"
It's a really great album, and that is definitely my favorite song. I'll quote some other songs as it gets closer to being released. Sarah I hope I got the words all right!
4 comments:
Sounds like a great day - congrats!
:)
I definately would love more Catholic friends. I only have the one, and my sister of course. I'd love to send the diapers to your friend. A young mom would definately benefit. Tell her I don't want any money for them, just want them to get used.
and congrats on your first hour sans baby. i've had a few of those and they are wonderful and terrifying at the same time. we are going to see my mom in a week and she's dying to get us out of the house but i've warned her that maggie is only happy for certain hours of the day and only if the moon and stars align correctly.
THAT is so nice that you got to go pamper yourself. Happy (belated) Mother's Day. I'm glad you had a great day.
Post a Comment