It's been pretty good so far. Ava is great - very sweet with the baby. I think just during the hours of 8 to 5 yesterday I changed about 12 diapers! Half size 5 and half size 1! But I just have to think of what Kimberly Hahn says... "I'm changing culture, one diaper at a time."
Grace was SO excited yesterday. Her mom said she begged to stay home from school. She made signs that said "Welcome Back Beth" and "Welcome Madeleine" and hung them on the fireplace. When she got home from school she gave me a big hug and made Madeleine smile with her silly faces ;-)
I discovered a very expensive trick to get Madeleine to take a really good nap in the morning... I leave at 7:30, go to the Starbucks drive thru, and then by the time I get to work at 8:00, she's sleeping in her carseat and the last few days she's slept for a few hours in there! I just might have to continue this new tradition.... That way I get to spend some time with Ava reading books and playing, and then when she goes down for her morning nap I get some one on one time with Madeleine.
Today we're going out to lunch with one of my oldest and dearest friends. Hopefully both girls will behave in the restaurant, but if they don't at least I'll have some help!
7 comments:
Hey - who are you going to lunch with? :) Thanks for the prayers for Beth (Danie's Mom). Love you! - Heather
That sounds like a good plan for spending one on one time but if they are napping at opposite times, how will you ever get anything else done? Just a thought.
Sounds like a nice day! That's cute about the sign.
Hush, Lori! No negativity allowed!
Sorry, as I have said before, I'm no mother so take my comments with a grain of salt. No negativity was meant. :) :) Maybe remember the quote i have seen in the homes of many great mothers which i will paraphrase: When your children are grown, they won't remember if your shelves were dusty or laundry wasn't done, but they will remember that you took time to play and that you loved them.
Don't worry, I get stuff done when Ava's awake. She "helps."
hey beth. you are super mom for sure. I had the opportunity to start the same deal after maggie was born but i just didn't think I could do it. Maggie still has no real schedule, only a "routine". let us know how it alll goes!
Post a Comment