Ken and I will have been married for 5 years in June. 5 years! It seemed like it went so fast. I was 22 when we got married, and he was 30. In that time, we lived in a small apartment for 2 years, Ken went through 3 years of law school, graduated, and passed the bar, we've both had several different jobs, we bought a house, and in a few weeks we'll have our daughter.
We've had a great time together - hundreds of dates at Barnes and Nobles, dinners, movies, hung out with friends, we've been in the Frassati Society and been in charge of "Late Nite with Fr. Richard" together, but in the past year, I've fallen more and more in love with him every day.
We went through two years of trying to conceive and being disappointed, but he was always optimistic and open to life, no matter how it would come to us. He took care of me after my two surgeries for endometriosis and my 3 months of drug induced menopause. He rejoiced with me when we became pregnant, and I got to tell him on our 4th anniversary. He came to all my ultrasounds and most of my doctors appointments. He ran to the store when I was having cravings, and ate a LOT of Mexican food in my first trimester with me when that was the only thing that sounded good. He's scooped the kitty litter the whole time without complaining. He took care of me through morning sickness. He would feel my belly when I started feeling the baby kick. He prays for her. He spent 3 days of one of his only vacations painting the nursery and setting up the furniture. He attended every single Bradley class with me, and I know he'll be a great coach in a few weeks! He's taken care of me a lot in the past few weeks when I've been too tired and sore to cook and clean. He wakes up with me when I can't sleep and we practice our relaxation.
In a few weeks we'll welcome our daughter into our family. I know he'll be the best daddy that a girl could ask for. I can't wait to see him hold her. I'm sure my love for him will grow more and more every day.
Happy Valentines Day Ken! I love you!
2 comments:
Aww... Best post you have every made! I read it like three times.
Beth, this is a beautiful tribute to your husband. How blessed you both are!
Post a Comment