Thursday, June 06, 2013

Happy Half Birthday!

Sarah Gianna is 6 months today!  I can't believe it.  It seems like she's been here forever but also that she just got here, if that makes any sense at all.  I looked back over Madeleine's and John Paul's 6 month posts and they were both sitting up on their own!  Sarah is nowhere close, although I know she could get it any day now.  In fact yesterday was the first time she rolled across the floor.  Let me say for the record I do not mind one bit that she isn't crazy mobile yet.  :)
Sarah is either tied with Leo for the best sleeper so for or THE best sleeper so far.  She is a fantastic napper, takes 2 two hour naps a day.  Whenever she is tired, I just put her in her bed with her paci and turn on her mobile and give her her special silky blanket and she puts herself right to sleep.  She goes to bed for the night around 7:30 or 8 and sometimes wakes up around 4 to eat, but sometimes makes it to 6 or 7.  She is so sweet and easy going.  She only likes her mommy though! (Has that in common with M and JP and L at 6 months!)  I love to wear her in wraps and wrap her every day.  She can see over my shoulder and I can get things done and have hands free for the other kids.  Lately she has started to enjoy hanging out on the floor with her siblings and some toys.  Everything she reaches goes straight in her mouth.
She is the first kid I haven't fed any solid food by now.  She doesn't seem very interested yet but I'm sure I will give her something here soon.  She is definitely not wasting away!  She is a champion nurser and is pretty quick about it too!
She absolutely loves her siblings.  They can always make her smile.  They all love her so much and fight over who gets to talk to her/ watch her/ play with her/ give her toys.  Madeleine thinks everything she does is hilarious (especially grabbing people's hands and trying to eat them!)  

She was a fantastic traveler last weekend.  I found myself looking back several times to make sure she was in the car!  She was so quiet and slept through both nights of our trip.  I remember being scared to take Madeleine anywhere at this age and get her out of her routine, but times is changed over here.  Tomorrow we are going on a one day road trip - just me and the kids.  I'm not worried about her one single bit.  

We are so blessed to have this beautiful sweet baby girl.  I heard that once you have 3 kids, adding more is no big deal.  So far that seems to be the case.  Ask me about that again when she starts crawling and getting into everything!

5 comments:

Monica said...

All of the pictures, but especially the second one, are PHENOMENAL!!! Happy 6 month-iversary!

Julie said...

Awesome job with the portraits. She is so sweet and sounds like the perfect baby!

9peasMom said...

Oh, I love her update she sounds super sweet!

M,E,JP,J,L,I, and S's grandma said...

I hope she starts liking grandma soon!

Amazing Life said...

She sounds so sweet and just so beautiful, seeing her pictures makes me want a little girl!!